Assistant Financial Controller
Assistant Financial Controller | Excellent salary DOE plus bonus and benefits | Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA | Online Gaming | Gibraltar
EU Applications can only be considered
SRGEurope are seeking an experienced Assistant Financial Controller to work for an International Online Gaming client with a base in Gibraltar.
The Assistant Financial Controller will support all aspects of the financial control function, working with the Finance team to deliver consistently high-quality service to their internal stakeholders and ensure the business works within a robust and appropriate internal control environment.
The role reports to the Head of Financial Control.
The Group Financial Controller responsibilities are but not confined to:
- Responsible for running the monthly close process and the production of accurate and timely monthly management reporting to Group Finance, including P&L and Balance Sheets for all brands
- Drive improvement in the financial reporting and close process by reviewing all key processes carried out by the team and identifying opportunities for reduction in the time taken to report monthly numbers
- Ensure accuracy of reporting
- Proactively identify and implement improvements in all financial processes
- Support the financial control team in all aspects of financial accounting and statutory compliance for the business operations in Gibraltar including providing technical GAAP guidance
- Ensure that all intercompany transactions are recorded on an accurate and timely basis
- Responsible for liaising with tax team and legal teams to ensure that all intercompany agreements are up to date and reflect the current business requirements
- Responsible for monitoring all credit accounts and ensure any risks associated with these accounts are recognized in the financial statements
- Own the balance sheet reconciliation process across all locations, performing the monthly review of all balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring all reconciling items are cleared on a timely basis.
Highlight risks and opportunities to the Head of Financial Control monthly
- Preparation of the Qtrly balance sheet review pack for all brands for review by the Head of Financial Control and Digital Financial Controller
- Ensure all client and cash reconciliations across the digital division are carried out and all variances investigated and resolved on a timely basis
- Encourages communication and collaboration across the business, team and stakeholders in order to build strong relationships and develop cross functional working
- A leader that mentors and develops the team by providing development, coaching and objectives
The Group Financial Controller skills and profile:
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable +3 years post qualification experience
- Qualified in either audit with a leading practice or have built a career in a well-regarded corporate environment.
Back ground in online environments ideal but not essential
- Previous experience in Financial Control
- Previous people management experience
- Previous experience of working with finance teams across multiple locations
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills, and a natural leadership style
- Strong coaching skills and track record of developing direct reports into larger roles
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Results driven, able to work at fast pace and juggle multiple priorities whilst ensuring accuracy
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines
Are you interested in this Assistant Financial Controller Role?
This role is based in Gibraltar, a British Overseas Territory on the edge of southern Spain.
If this is for you, please apply, we'd love to hear from you.
Assistant Financial Controller , Financial Controller , Staff Management , ACA , ACCA , CIMA , Qualified , Online Gaming
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Japanese Country Manager
- Web Developer
- CRM Manager
- VIP Account Manager (German)
- Audit Senior
- Accounts and Audit Senior (Qualified)
- Auditor Senior - Accountancy
- Real-Time Content Executive
- Head of CRM (Sports)
- Senior Analog IC Design Engineer
- Senior Analog Layout Designer
- CRM Project Manager
- Account Manager (B2B)
- VIP Account Manager (German)
- UX Researcher
- Senior Analyst - CRM
- Marketing Communications Executive (German Speaker)
- Sales Consultant
- .NET Developer