FINTEC recruit is seeking a Quantity Surveyor for our client in Utilities based in Sheffield.
This is a permanent position with salary circa £40000 plus benefits.
You will be reviewing large value quotations and tenders.
Have NEC/JCT contract experience.
Experience of working on utilities projects.
Role and Responsibilities for the Quantity Surveyor role:
- Provide support in the assessment of third party (sub-contractor) contracts eg.
JCT, NEC and other standard forms.
- Provide support in assessing and defending any claims from third parties, either general ad-hoc claims or those under Pre Action Protocol.
- Undertake or assist others in provision of Contract and Commercial briefings to other staff across the business
- Prepare all client facing applications for payment, as required, to ensure timely application and Invoicing to maintain business cash flow position.
- Review variations, where required, to ensure margin position is maintained or improved.
Report any highlights and trends to Variations and, or, margin erosion for learning to the business.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of both internal and customer reports as required to satisfy business needs for MI and client contractual requirements for both MI and KPI information.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Sound technical background supported by understanding of the Utilities connections industry
- Good communication and team working skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Contract Experience JCT/NEC
Please click on apply or send your CV directly to our team and quote Ref: FT3014
FINTEC recruit specialise in Technical, Engineering, Finance, Legal for permanent and contract positions, UK and International.
More Jobs from FINTEC recruit
- Senior Project Manager
- Laboratory Manager
- Perl Web Developer
- Senior Software Engineer - Team Lead
- .Net Web Developer
- Principal Electrical Engineer
- Inspection Sales Manager
- Applications Developer
- Town Planner
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Senior Voip Developer
- Senior Ecologist
- Mechanical Engineer
- UX Designer
- Multi Skilled M & E Supervisor
- Project Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Full Stack Developer