Specialty Doctor/Associate Specialist in Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders
Outstanding job opening for Specialty Doctor/Associate Specialist in Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders to work with one of the UK’s leading provider of independent specialist secure and step-down services for people with mental illness, personality disorders, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and brain injuries.
The successful candidate will be offered an excellent salary of £60,000 - £80,000 per annum plus other great benefits.
In addition to nursing, the MDT also includes clinical psychology, child and adult psychotherapy, family therapy, dietetics, occupational therapy and teachers. There is a Hospital Manager based on site who actively supports the team and is responsible for the day to day management and running of the service.
This is a new, full-time post arising as a result of the re-organisation and development of a well-established, independent sector eating disorder unit.
Specialty Doctor/Associate Specialist in Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders role involves:
- Supporting the Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist in providing psychiatric care
- Participating in the ward rounds, chaired by the Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Ensuring that clinical records are updated during the ward rounds and assisting in any necessary patient reviews
- Assisting with new admission assessments
- Assisting with care planning and will participating in CPA Reviews
- Assisting in medical/psychiatric reviews, as required
- Working with the wider MDT to ensure effective treatment planning and risk management
- Contributing to the writing of discharge summaries
- Contributing to the design of treatment programme content to ensure it is in keeping with current guidelines and the new national service specification
- Participating in an on-call rota, the details to be agreed, and will be re-numerated accordingly
The post holder will be expected to be in good standing with the GMC. Existing arrangements for CPD will be supported. Attendance at courses and other educational activities, both internal and external, will be encouraged.
Clinical supervision will be provided by the Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.
The service also hosts regular reflective practise forums that all staff can participate in.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- An employee assistance programme
- Voluntary Benefits
Reference ID: 1273
More Jobs from Jupiter Recruitment
- RN Health Visitor
- RN Health Visitor
- Service Manager For Care Service
- Registered Nurse For Healthcare Service
- Registered Nurse Unit Manager
- Registered Nurse Clinical Lead
- Staff Nurse Required
- RN Unit Manager For Healthcare Service
- Social Worker For Care Service
- Registered RGN or RMN Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Registered Senior Nurse For Hospital
- RGN OR RMN Deputy Manager
- Registered Clinical Lead Nurse
- Registered Staff Nurse
- Registered Nurse for Care Home
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse Night Manager (Clinical)
- RN House Manager
- Registered Nurse Charge Nurse