Java Developer | Salary up to £34,000 per year + benefits package | IT and Gaming | Gibraltar
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit a Java Developer by a fast-paced, forward-thinking tech company based in sunny Gibraltar.
The successful candidate will join the company and immediately begin implementing their knowledge.
Java Developer Responsibilities:
I'm looking for a particular type of candidate.
Whilst not a start-up, my client is a relatively small company with a very flexible working setup, and a flat hierarchy - no agile scrums here! I need someone who is self-motivated, in love with developing, and who isn't scared to trust their own judgement.
You will be given a task, a deadline, and that's it.
Once the task is yours, how you complete it is up to you.
You'll be supported every step of the way by your colleagues and management, but the ultimate progress is entirely down to your preferences.
You need to have a good work ethic to succeed here, but you'll be rewarded.
Java Developer Requirements:
As a Java Developer who is keen on a challenge, and continuous learning, you'll have a degree in in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar work experience.
In addition, you will:
- Have experience of working with Unix/Linux - hands on with Python and bash scripting is a bonus
- Good understanding of web tech like HTTP and REST
- Understanding of Java J2EE, JMS, Kafka, ActiveMQ and RabbitMQ
- Java testing FW - Junit, TestNG, Mockito
- Show that you can write clean, maintainable and efficient code, along with designing robust, scalable, and secure features
- Monitoring and profiling with JMX, VisualVM or Hyperic
- Strong database skills with RDBMS, JDBC, ORM, SQL etc.
A relatively young company, my client is keen to find active-minded and curious individuals who wish to push the boundaries of their knowledge and learn on a daily basis, both through their work and additional education programmes.
Their software and systems are used by some of the largest names in casinos globally, and they welcome those who relish a challenge.
From their end, they will provide gym membership, any training courses you could wish to attend (if you need to learn a new scripting language or want to engage with some relevant new tech, then they cover this), and global conferences and courses to fully immerse you in your dev environment.
Please click on the ‘apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Tom Thronicker, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462 or e-mail email@example.com.
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Logistics Account Manager
- VAT Director
- Accounts and Audit Senior
- Tax Supervisor
- Test Engineer
- Technical Manager
- Bingo CRM Analyst
- Data Warehouse Developer (Senior)
- Customer Experience Analyst
- Full Stack Developer
- Real-Time Marketing Coordinator
- Content Editor (Casino & Sports)
- Major Incident Manager
- Sportbook Marketing Specialist
- Full Stack Developer (CMS)
- Technical Lead (CMS)
- Front End Developer (CMS)
- Content Editor (German)
- Front End Developer
- CRM Associate (Casino)