£21,000-£26,000 a year
Due to company expansion our clients are looking for a graduate web developer to join their team.
The Web Developer will design, build and maintain websites for the company and must work with colleagues to understand website requirements and needs. As a Web Developer you will also write, test and debug code and applications.
You will maintain knowledge of programming languages and monitor website analytics.
Web Developer Job Duties
- Meets with clients and colleagues to determine website needs and follows up with regular conversations and updates.
- Creates website layouts with computer or handmade sketches to organise information and allow for intuitive usage.
- Builds websites to client specifications by writing code, designing pages and widgets, and incorporating graphics and video elements.
- Determines the best plug-ins and applications to provide websites with new features and functionality, and installs them accordingly.
- Tests websites using a variety of browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox; and debugs as necessary.
- Maintains fluency in one or more programming languages, such as HTML, JAVA etc.
Other programming languages such as C++ or Python would be very useful.
- Has a working understanding of "OpenCart".
Alternatives also preferred (Shopify, Wordpress etc).
- Regularly checks in with clients to assess their satisfaction and determine necessary updates or website repairs.
- Assists with publishing content by proofreading, editing, and posting text and graphics.
- Maintains websites by checking for errors, broken links, and hacking attempts.
- Develops knowledge of website accessibility standards and legal requirements.
- Assesses website security and installs updated software to ensure that websites and client data remain secure.
- Develops portfolio of corporate and individual clients and maintains long-term relationships.
The ideal ‘Web Developer’ will have the following Skills and Qualifications -
- Bachelor's Degree and Relevant Coursework in Website Design and Information Technology,
- Knowledge of Digital Media Production and Graphic Design,
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
How to Apply
To apply please attach you CV to the link provided and the client will be in direct contact.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- iSeries Consultant
- Technical Project Manager
- C# .NET DEVELOPER
- Plumbing and Heating Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Customer Service Operative
- Sales Advisor (Graphics & Signs)
- Sales and Marketing Assistant - full or part time
- Business Development Manager
- Sales Administrator
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Graduate Employee Support Officer
- Area Sales Manager
- Quality System Administrator
- Quality Control Technician
- Customer Services Assistant
- Warehouse Assistant
- Sales Assistant
- Admin & Office Support
- Admin & Office Support