Field Engineer | London | Up to £35,000
Are you looking for a new and exciting job role? Is IT Support in a Field based role your thing? Do you have experience in 2nd Line with both Mac and Windows OS? Yes? then please apply!
My client is enthusiastic, passionate and motivated about what they do within the IT arena, and are looking for that self-driven, customer focused, Field Engineer to join their established team in London
Field Engineer job role:
As on-site Field support you will provide a wide variety of IT tasks from day to day incidents and projects, from installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting all services and equipment such as PCs, laptops, network devices, printers, handheld devices such as tablets and smartphones, servers and all relevant operating systems.
You will actively manage a list of calls escalated from the Service Desk Team, including regularly updating calls, investigative work and keeping customers / users up to date.
You'll perform maintenance and technical tasks including: computer and laptop builds and diagnosis of problems.
You will become the desktop engineer for a major customer based in London
Possible occasional travel involving late or overnight stays, UK driving licence is a must.
You will be self-managed with key responsibilities being site visits to customers, escalations from the service desk and Installation projects for both new and existing customers.
Field Engineer job Pre-requisites:
You will have strong 2nd line support engineer experience
* You will have a good understanding of PC/Laptop hardware including Mac's
* Windows 7/8/10 OS, MAC OS & the MS Office suite for both
* Mac hardware and Apple OSX
* Windows 2008/2012 Server, active directory, group policy, SCCM
* Experience supporting and resolving printer issues
* Exchange Server 2007/2010, Citrix XenApp
* Experience of network devices including LAN switches, firewalls and routers (IP routing, IPSec, VPN, VLAN, LACP) an advantage
If you have experience in Telephone systems, (VoIP, SIP), ShoreTel phone system, Citrix XenApp, Datacentres and virtualisation and managing technology migration projects then this is also an advantage.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
More Jobs from Jonothan Bosworth
- Java Developer
- Technical Administrator
- Application Support Analyst
- PMO Finance Manager
- SalesForce Solutions Architect
- SQL Reporting Analyst
- Infrastructure Lead
- Senior Java Developer
- Technical Lead (Java)
- 3rd Line Engineer
- Solution Architect
- Senior NPI Engineer
- Head of Software
- Performance Tester
- Lead Integration Architect
- PMO Finance Manager
- Applications Support Analyst
- Automation Tester
- IP Network Engineer
- Technical Architect