Head of Planned Works
Head of Planned Works
Clearance required : BPSS/DBS
CV deadline 05/06/18 @ 1650
We are looking for a Head of Planned Works who is a chartered Engineer with Government Department/HMRC experience.
* Manage the delivery of strategic and operational plans, manage, organise all day to day managerial tasks.
* To ensure that a customer focused approach is embedded for service delivery.
* Provide specialist technical advise to staff and other groups to enable informed decision making.
Provide effective leadership and motivation to staff and teams reporting to you.
* Assist in all service related procurement activities.
* Promote service improvement monitoring and standard setting
* .Manage the budget in relation with financial regulations.
* Production and presentation of high quality communications.
Key Knowledge and Skills (Experience):
Extensive and significant experience in a large estates / commercial environment evidenced by a demonstrable record of continuing professional development.
The post holder must be a professionally qualified chartered engineer and hold corporate membership in a relevant mechanical/HVAC services engineering institute i.e.
CIBSE / IMechE / IHEEM
Key Tasks and Deliverables
Working as part of the Professional Services Group the post holder will have a key role to play not only in respect of the delivery of the legacy estate but also with regard to the development of the new Regional Centres.
The key areas of responsibility, which will require proactive engagement and co-operation with a number of internal customers, are recognised as:
* Owning and assuring the Building Services standards for the HMRC estate and working with the Facilities Management Services Team advising on their incorporation into future contracts.
* Providing technical support in the contractual definition of Building Services requirements.
* Scoping the requirements for, and quality assuring, Building Services deliverables under the contracts for external professional services, and managing the interface with those contractors.
* Engaging closely with Estates colleagues to constructively challenge service providers' and contractors' solutions where necessary.
* Identifying and reviewing Building Services risks to the HMRC Estate, staff and
* Advising on an appropriate HMRC Building Services risk appetite and posture.
* Owning and assuring HMRC Building Services standards.
* Providing advice and assessment expertise in support of a programme of preplanned work or on commission from FM Services/ Transformation and others.
* Carrying out risk-based deep dive assurance activity.
* Providing support and guidance to low-level assurance activity.
* Proactively engaging with a range of demanding internal customers with potentially conflicting requirements for limited resources.
* Developing and maintaining strong mutually supportive relationships with stakeholders.
* Applying a strong customer centric approach.
* Proactively contributing to the corporate and collective leadership of the Directorate as a member of the Estates Wider Leadership team.
* Leading and modelling the behaviours and ways of working we expect all of our staff
* to demonstrate.
* Assisting in the development of facilities management plans, fit out strategies and design plans including some short term/trial solutions.
* Providing Building Services/Technical assurance and advice to Grade 6 Head of Professional Services to support development of the BOFL programme strategy.
* Providing Building Services expertise and support to Grade 6 Head of Professional Services.
* Undertake condition surveys aimed at assessing building long term suitability and to plan Lifecycle Replacement (LCR) needs.
* Undertake technical audits aimed at auditing the effectiveness of specific assets or processes.
* Provide technical reports aimed at addressing a particular issue.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Head of Planned Works to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are a Head of Planned Works & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months approx
- Rate: 500 Per Day Umb/Paye option
- Location: Nottingham, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Contact: Ali Kidman
- Tel: 07970 926084
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: C29025Hmrc
- Posted: 2018-06-02 10:24:32 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Project Manager
- Cost Analyst
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Procurement Advisor
- CCDO Gold Card Supervisors
- Planner & Scheduler - Multi Mission Aircraft
- Pentaho Developer
- Estates Surveyor
- Commercial Officer/Manager
- Aeronautical Structural Engineer
- Integrated Logistics Manager
- Integrated Logistics Support Manager
- Consignment and Container Technical Support
- Management Accountant
- Business Analyst
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Contract Specialist
- Carpenter Labourers
- Part 2 Scaffolder
- Procurement Officer