CV deadline: 03/07/18 @ 1115
We are looking for a Transformation/Change Director with experience of working as a member of a large project/programme team (e.g.
50+ people), of As-is and to-be process mapping and analysis & ideally the MoJ/Govt Depts.
Please see below for more experience required.
We are seeking an outstanding Transformation Director to lead the Countryside and Environmental Stewardship Programme.
You will be using your skill, knowledge and expertise to lead this activity.
Due to the scale and complexity of this change we are seeking a senior and experienced Programme Director.
You will be providing strong leadership and direction; delivering in a complex, fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
As an experienced Change and Transformation Manager, you will be accountable to the SRO/CEO to lead and direct change and delivery teams ensuring successful delivery of a range of interdependent projects to fixed delivery dates, cost and quality standards.
You will have the primary responsibility for successful delivery of the right outcomes, including the establishment of appropriate governance and assurance, building strategies for managing a diverse and large volume of stakeholders both internal and external to RPA, driving strategic thinking on transformation/turnaround activity and delivering a new operating model whilst designing a
programme fit to achieve these goals.
This role presents an exciting and seriously challenging prospect requiring skilled, emotionally intelligent and results-driven people who can navigate a very complex and sensitive environment.
* Leadership and vision: create an environment in which the programme can succeed : working across the Department with senior leaders to manage dependencies.
* Design and build this complex programme.
* Lead, inspire and shape a multi-disciplinary project.
* Change management: determine the optimal programme tranches to successful delivery, balancing the need for flexibility due to ministerial priorities.
* Lead the Programme organisation through the change to ensure optimal delivery
* Stakeholder management: Derive the business change strategy including stakeholder strategy externally and internally to Defra.
Developing relationships at the highest level, providing service expertise, support and advice to the SRO and Senior Management Team.
Developing and maintaining close and highly effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders within Defra and its Agencies.
* Governance and assurance: Apply the appropriate governance as part of programme design ensuring key, senior stakeholders are managed appropriately.
* Ensure the programme is fit for delivery and delivers improvement recommendations as appropriate.
* Accountable for ensuring strategic and operational risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed and mitigated.
Ensure senior stakeholders are briefed, updated and where appropriate, enrolled in the management and control of key risks.
* Building capability: Advocating and shaping project and programme management principles; adapting and tailoring approach to enable delivery.
* Driving an appropriately risk based approach to enable delivery
* Role modelling the leadership behaviours of a member of the senior leadership community and an advocate for the Civil Service project and programme profession.
* Enhanced Leadership capability: Strength in leadership, as a senior figure in your profession, to manage, motivate and drive multi-disciplinary teams to create the capacity, capability and flexibility in order to deliver future business requirements.
* Leading through ambiguity, in an environment of uncertainty and continual change.
* Credible Programme delivery: A breadth of Delivery experience and expertise, including designing and planning complex programmes involving significant change in a government department, broad and demonstrable experience of leading and delivering business and experience of turning around performance delivery.
* Experience of managing a complex stakeholder landscape within a major transformation programme including stakeholders outside of organisation boundaries such as industry
* Experience of successful delivery of major transformation/turnaround programmes in the public or private sector corporate organisation/business, which involved large scale or complex change and/or significant transformation
* Strategic thinking, with the ability to drive delivery, whilst sustaining the provision of analytical rigour without getting overly caught up in the detail.
The ability to influence strategically; analysing complex issues and develop innovative, creative solutions and Stakeholder engagement: Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to work to influence and negotiate discussions with a diverse range of stakeholders with differing requirements, including senior leaders and public bodies and up to Ministerial level
This role can be based in any RPA office - Reading, Exeter, York, Workington, Carlisle or Newcastle.
Travel to other offices will be required on a regular basis.
Please note that RPA do not pay expenses.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Transformation/Change Director to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are a Transformation/Change Director & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months approx
- Rate: 750 Per Day Ltd
- Location: Please see ad, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Contact: Ali Kidman
- Tel: 07970 926084
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: C29349Defra
- Posted: 2018-06-29 13:11:38 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Project Manager
- Cost Analyst
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Procurement Advisor
- CCDO Gold Card Supervisors
- Planner & Scheduler - Multi Mission Aircraft
- Pentaho Developer
- Estates Surveyor
- Commercial Officer/Manager
- Aeronautical Structural Engineer
- Integrated Logistics Manager
- Integrated Logistics Support Manager
- Consignment and Container Technical Support
- Management Accountant
- Business Analyst
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Contract Specialist
- Carpenter Labourers
- Part 2 Scaffolder
- Procurement Officer