Head of Profession - Asbestos
Head of Profession - Asbestos
We are looking for a Head of Profession : Asbestos.
You will be an asbestos expert, have BOHS-405 & 407, experience as a Project Manager (ideally be APM certified) & understand NEC3 ECC.
This is a Limited Company role that will require some regional/national travel.
Please give an indication of your salary requirement on application
Purpose of Role
* To provide professional advice and guidance to Sites, Functions and the Executive in the specific area of asbestos technical expertise
* To monitor and advise on performance against Company standards, and regulatory and legislative requirements, and to benchmark against industry standards for asbestos.
* With responsibility for providing oversight of the corporate strategic approach for asbestos management during the decommissioning life cycle including for the arrangements for asbestos management arrangements during Care and Maintenance (C&M).
* Provision of support and oversight to the Site/Closure Director(s) and Plant and Structures
* Programme Manager in ensuring that the 'duty to manage' (Duty Holder) responsibilities are fulfilled.
* Define Company approach for the management of asbestos through the definition of arrangements as described within Company standard S-267 : Asbestos Management Arrangements, to ensure compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
* Oversight of all asbestos activities to confirm compliance, and to confirm that assurance arrangements are in place and operating satisfactorily;
* Provides authoritative advice to the company ?Duty Holder(s)' in support of the execution of their duties;
* Provide expertise for Independent Assessments and Site Inspectors as required;
* Head of Profession for all those persons in the Company who directly support asbestos management compliance;
* Authorising Officer for the appointment of Lead Asbestos Competent Person(s) (LACPs);
* Ensure the company standard for asbestos management remains compliant with legislation and guidance;
* Advise on the development of Company metrics;
* Oversight of Site specific C&M entry documentation, ensuring the arrangements as detailed within the parent documentation is adequately defined;
* Review of programme produced delivery specifications (Functional/Technical);
* Securing agreement for the provision of Subject Matter Expert (SME) resource;
* Provide mediation of technical matters to Programme and Site(s) as required;
* Production of management information/ trending information relating to the status and adequacy of asbestos compliance across the company (to include relevant OE production and use, and the status and adequacy of investigations and subsequent recommendations for improvement
* Co-ordinate and manage the LACP peer group ensuring the sharing of best practice, benchmarking, and recommending competency development for the group.
* Acting as the Corporate Client for Analytical service provision
* Ensure resource is available to support the Company Asbestos Ancillary Licence.
* Nominate competent personnel to ensure that asbestos assessments/conditional survey reviews are carried out, as required for all Company facilities.
* Educated to degree / professional qualification in a relevant discipline
* Leadership training
* APM Certified Project Manager or equivalent and a willingness to obtain APM Certified
* Project Manager within 1 year of appointment
* BOHS P- 405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings qualification
* BOHS P- 407 Managing Asbestos in Premises, the Duty Holder Requirements
* Commitment to continuously improve and a pro-active contribution to successful improvement changes
* Mobile and flexible to undertake work at other locations : on either a regional or national basis.
* Understanding forms of contract (NEC3 ECC desirable).
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience above please call/mail me asap for more info.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 2 years
- Rate: 300-400 Per Day Pls give an indication of salary required on
- Location: Bristol, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Contact: James Christie
- Tel: 02087472161
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: N4388
- Posted: 2018-08-28 11:32:34 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Demo CCDO Green & Red
- Master Planner
- CCDO Cards
- Estimator - MoD
- Project Manager - Dstl - CBR
- Safety Assurance Manager
- Engineer - Systems
- Course Author - DSAT/MoD
- Project Manager - Dstl - KIS ICC
- Slinger Signaller
- Project Accountant
- 360 Operators
- Requirements Engineer - Satellite Comms
- Information Security Manager
- Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- CCDO Cards
- Design/Draft Engineer
- Technical Specialist/Manager - Food/packaging