Title: Staff Nurse - Oncology
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000per annum + 9% enhancement for working evenings, nights & weekends.
(Dependent on candidate experience)
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
About the facility
Located in the heart of London's esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialties.
Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients.
Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery, a hybrid theatre to enable complex vascular surgery, a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
Their Oncology unit is a modern 19 single bedded with en-suite unit that provides a holistic approach to care for acute oncology admission and chemotherapy patients, whilst also supporting with palliative and end of life care.
A multidiscipline team that includes an Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist & Nurse Educator, we provide a 1st class service within our top class facilities.
The department has a strong emphasis on the promotion of a learning environment and you will be encouraged to undertake in-house training and courses to develop yours and the department's expertise.
they look after you with their contribution pension scheme, life assurance, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions (on completion of probation period), annual salary review and help to balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year.
You'll also benefit from our flexible benefits scheme where you can sign up to other benefits, such as dental insurance, cycle scheme and discounted gym memberships.
You will also receive regular training and coaching to support and develop you in your position.
As the Staff Nurse you will assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care, ensuring that all individual needs of the patient are met.
Working within a team you will be involved in the development of the department and give guidance and support to junior members of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide the highest standards of quality holistic nursing care using evidence based practice.
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy at all time.
- Work closely with the multidisciplinary team in order to provide the best possible experience for our patients.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family's needs
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintain accurate records
- Decontaminate equipment, ensuring it is in good working order
- NMC Registered Nurse
Skills and Experience
- Some experience within a oncology and/or acute medical setting, however candidates able to demonstrate excellent ability to deal with emotionally charged situations and have strong clinical knowledge will be considered
- Demonstrate a good understanding of medical, haematology and oncology nursing.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to develop oncology skills
- Ability to provide a 1st class service that our patients expect
About the Individual
- As the successful candidate you will be adaptable and able to meet the changing needs of our patients.
You will also need excellent communications skills with the ability to be diplomatic and empathetic in highly charged situations is key for this role, so you will possess a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.
If you are interested please do not hesitate to contact me
More Jobs from HCL Permanent
- Qualified Social Worker - Child In Care
- Senior Practitioner - Assessment
- Qualified Social Worker - Family Safeguarding
- Deputy Team Manager - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - Assessment & Intervention
- Qualified Social Worker - Children's Services
- Qualified Social Worker - Safeguarding
- Advanced Practitioner - Fostering
- Qualified Social Worker - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - Court & Permanence
- Advanced Social Worker - Children
- Senior Social Worker - Safeguarding
- Qualified Social Worker - Children In Need
- Registered Nurse – ICU
- Clinical Services Manager - Cancer Services
- Qualified Social Worker - Children
- Qualified Social Worker Together for Children
- Specialist Nurse - Oncology
- Sister - Charge Nurse