Lead Theatre Practitioner - Scrub
Lead Theatre Practitioner - Scrub -
Region: Harrow, Middlesex
Country: United Kingdom
Language: English (UK)
Work Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Start Date: ASAP
Currently recruiting for Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare in harrow, Middlesex with a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country
There is an opportunity for a Lead Theatre Practitioner- Scrub to join a team of dedicated staff in the Theatre department.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Mentorship in Practice or equivalent
- Experience in a senior theatre role.
- Experience in orthopaedic, gynaecology and general surgery at a senior level
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the Operating Theatre
- Staff management
- Experience in undertaking appraisals
- Current and up to date specific to specialty.
Duties of this role include:
To have shared responsibility for the leadership and operational management of the Theatre Department.
- As a skilled member of the senior theatre team, to deliver and ensure that standards of patient care are consistently provided and maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies
- To assist with the management of the theatre department under the direction of the Clinical Service Manager: Theatres.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and leading a team of staff in Theatres to deliver skilled and high quality peri-operative care.
- Check Operating lists and booking forms in advance to organise any special equipment required.
Liaise with Consultants and companies to ensure correct instruments and implants and equipment is ordered and received
- Appropriately allocate staff to meet the activity.
This will involve looking at the off duty, working closely with staff and making changes when and where possible.
- To book and effectively utilise bank and agency staff ensuring minimum use of temporary staffing.
- Plan and organise operating lists with Consultants and secretaries
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties with theatres
- To work within the role of Advanced Scrub Practitioner with extended skills
- To participate in the theatre & call rota as required
- To teach, nurture, supervise and co-ordinate the work of junior staff.
- To take responsibility for all theatre activities as required.
This package offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
More Jobs from HCL Permanent
- Qualified Social Worker - Child In Care
- Senior Practitioner - Assessment
- Qualified Social Worker - Family Safeguarding
- Deputy Team Manager - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - Assessment & Intervention
- Qualified Social Worker - Children's Services
- Qualified Social Worker - Safeguarding
- Advanced Practitioner - Fostering
- Qualified Social Worker - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - Court & Permanence
- Advanced Social Worker - Children
- Senior Social Worker - Safeguarding
- Qualified Social Worker - Children In Need
- Registered Nurse – ICU
- Clinical Services Manager - Cancer Services
- Qualified Social Worker - Children
- Qualified Social Worker Together for Children
- Specialist Nurse - Oncology
- Sister - Charge Nurse