Senior Project Manager - Water
About The Role
We are recruiting a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for management and safe delivery of a portfolio of projects in line with agreed budgets and timescales.
The projects will include water infrastructure and associated above ground assets (eg.
pumping stations / treatment works).
The Senior Project Manager's role is to lead the Project Management team in delivering a portfolio of high value projects from engagement to completion.
They are accountable for all aspects of the delivery.
The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for ensuring that all activity is planned and executed to the highest standards and in accordance with the Caledonian Water Alliance (CWA) and Scottish Water requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Strategic health, safety and environmental management and leadership to drive the highest standards
* Delivery of the projects portfolio to the agreed time, cost and quality requirements
* Work closely with PMO team to ensure delivery programmes are in place and progress is monitored
* Drive the Project team ethos to ensure the Project Manager / Commercial Manager / Design Lead and Construction Manager function as a cohesive management team
* Drive risk management for the Projects
* Provide leadership and guidance on technical and contractual matters to ensure timely resolution
* Preparing progress reports for the CWA Management team
* Management of the Project Management team and working with the CWA Senior Management Team to ensure availability of suitably skilled resource.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
* Previous experience in a similar role is desirable
* Water industry knowledge is essential
* Able to demonstrate ownership of a portfolio of projects to the value of £20m per annum
* Excellent communication and presentation skills required
* Ability to manage the relationship of the Scottish Water contract
* A good appreciation and understanding of commercial management
This role may suit an experienced Project Manager looking to step up into a Senior Project Management role.
What's in it for you?
* 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
* Annual bonus
* Pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private health care - family cover
* Company car/car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK's largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland.
Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector.
Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people's skills and expertise.
We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day.
We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees.
Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
'M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We are committed to equal opportunities.'
More Jobs from Morrison Data Services
- Water Meter Reader - Stoke on Trent
- Meter Reader - Swansea (SA1-13)
- Meter Reader - Preston (PR) PPR
- Meter Reader - Whitby (YO21)
- Meter Reader - Motherwell (ML1-8)
- Meter Reader - Nottingham (NG1-16)
- Gas Main/ Service Layer - Sheffield
- Gas Main/ Service Layer - Nottingham
- Gas Main/ Service Layer - Lincoln
- NCO1 - Nottingham
- NCO1 - Lincoln
- NCO1 - Sheffield
- Graduate Programme Manager
- Meter Reader - Liverpool (L)
- Meter Reader - Southend (SS)
- Meter Reader - Warrington (WA)
- Meter Reader - Southall (UB)
- Meter Reader - Twickenham (TW)
- Meter Reader - Iverness (IV1-11, 13-25)
- Head of Major Projects - Water