Digital Service Designer
Loc/Dept: London or Leeds/Govt
Clearance: BPSS (SC eligible)
CV deadline: 4/4 @ 1200
As a Senior Service Designer, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team, will work alongside other Designers, Front End Developers, Researchers and Software Engineers & will be expected to deliver world class services designed for the people who use them, in line with the governments Digital Service Standard.
As a Service Designer you will be expected to engage with policy experts, product owners and product team to design the end-to-end journey which may involve the creation of, or change to, transactions, products and content across both digital and offline channels provided by different parts of government.
* At least 2 to 3 years experience as a Service Designer or Systems Thinker.
* Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
* The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g.
user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
* Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service
* A diverse set of methods & tools that allow them to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
* Appreciation for and demonstrated ability to connect design solutions to pragmatic implementation
* A belief that a focus on people is fundamental in creating inclusive policies, products and services for social impact.
* Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
* Define elements : layout, design patterns, controls and actions
* Have experience of working directly with front-end code to update prototypes : skills in HTML, CSS and java script aren't essential, but all our designers learn the basics
* Be able to write for user interfaces
* Have demonstrable experience of collaborating on designs with a software engineer
* Have demonstrable experience of working in technical teams in complex environments
* Be able to manage other people's work, including planning work and checking it to make sure it's consistent and appropriate across products and services
You will be expected to:
* Specialise in designing interactions and interfaces for digital services
* Work on all levels of the service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine detail of individual parts
* Work with different types of content and user-led interactions
* Work across digital and non-digital channels
* Focus on making working software rather than creating artefacts to describe software
* Understand the technical side of design General Responsibilities
* Understand user needs and design services that meet them
* Support discussions at a senior departmental level
* Design user-centred solutions and transaction flows
* Support in an Interaction Design capacity when needed
* Create and rapidly iterate prototypes to help the wider team learn about user needs for different scenarios or tasks
* Work with product owners, other designers, user researchers, business analysts and front-end developers to turn concepts into user-centred services
* Make sure the design of services is consistent internally and with the rest of GOV.UK
* Take responsibility for creating and keeping up a positive and collaborative working environment
* Help promote best practice
* Share specialist knowledge and experience with others in the team
* Play a supporting role in recruiting for the DWP Digital Product design community
* Share work and ideas inside and outside the department for example by representing the DWP Digital design community at events
* Manage other people's work
* Contribute to building a digital culture in the Department
* Play an active part in the department's Product Design community
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months approx - poss ext
- Rate: 450-500 Per Hour Ltd
- Location: Leeds or Manchester, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Contact: Ali Kidman
- Tel: 02087472161
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: P13404Gov
- Posted: 2019-04-02 17:48:36 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Commercial/Procurement Unit Manager
- AV08 Avionics Instructor
- Intune Helpdesk Engineer
- Commercial Manager
- Interaction Designer
- Domestic Gas Engineer
- HR Business Partner
- Commercial Officer/Technical Resource Support
- Call Centre Administrator
- Unix System Administrator
- Technical Architect
- Engineering Director - Rail
- Engineering Director - Rail
- Commercial Manager
- Service Improvement/Knowledge Management Manager
- Service Design Engineer
- Contracts Manager - NHS
- Dig Sec Specialist
- Senior Buyer
- Estates Manager/Chartered Surveyor