£11 to £17 an hour
Commercial Consultants (UK) Ltd - The Engineering Recruitment Specialists, are working closely with a market leading designer and manufacturer of commercial vehicles.
Due to business expansion, an opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Fitter to join our Client's busy engineering workshop.
The Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for fitting and assembling components and parts in a safety critical environmental along with ensuring our Client's assembled vehicles are of a high quality and safe working standard.
The main responsibilities of the Mechanical Fitter will be as follows:
- Assembling, fitting and installing components / parts using mechanical diagrams and drawings
- Identifying faulty parts during the assembly process and, testing the assembled parts or products to check their quality and function ability
- Carrying out pre-delivery inspections on all vehicles
- Performing rectification work on required vehicles
- Conducting road tests on commercial vehicles.
The Mechanical Fitter should have the following skills:
- Should know how to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, sketches to ensure proper assembly
- Have good hand dexterity, with good eyesight
- Have experience with mechanical fitting and assembly.
A qualification in vehicle engineering (City and Guilds or NVQ) or comparable trade papers from the Armed Forces, or a recognised indentured apprenticeship is ideal plus any electrical knowledge will be a huge advantage with the company willing to guide and train the successful candidate's electrical skillset.
In addition, there are competitive benefits available including; a contributory pension scheme, excellent holiday entitlements, protective clothing, job security all coupled with training and fantastic career development opportunities.
Please click the ‘apply button' to upload your CV or alternatively contact the team at Commercial Consultants (UK) Ltd on 01332 868 291.
Commercial Consultants (UK) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of our client to recruit a Mechanical Fitter on a fixed term basis.