DEPARTMENT: Adult Services
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief Nursing Officer- Adult Services
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Chief Nursing Officer
Salary: Salary range is approx.
£55,000 - £62,000 - there's a bit of flexibility.
- To work with the Deputy CNO - Adult Services, Head of Adult Clinical Services, Women's & Neonatal Services Manager, nursing teams and other members of the multi professional team to ensure that quality management is embedded into the Adults Services culture across all departments
- To promote clinical governance and service improvements following the analysis of complaints, adverse events and other drivers for change
- To work as part of the multidisciplinary team fostering a positive approach to quality improvement and supporting staff in the development of these skills
- To ensure that Safeguarding is integrated into practice, and ensure that Adult protection issues are managed effectively supporting clinical teams as required.
- To provide leadership and support to the nursing teams and to act as a role model
- Participate as a member of the senior nursing team across both facilities.
- To act as resuscitation lead for THSC and TPH.
As single point of contact for paediatric and adult resuscitation, coordinate all resuscitation activities across the two hospitals.
Maintain good links with all local/departmental resuscitation leads.
- To support the nursing teams in delivery of the quality improvement agenda and take a leading role in planning for future services.
- Provide line management to specified members of the team.
- Participate in and lead on the co-ordination of an in service training programme which encompasses, resuscitation, manual handling, infection control etc.
QUALITY AND PATIENT SAFETY
- To demonstrate a sound understanding of clinical governance and apply to the working environment
- Collate and analyse data as required to prepare and present reports to relevant forums.
- To facilitate team awareness and monitor compliance pertaining to, regulations and standards appropriate for their department, particularly in regard to CQC and CHKS.
- Ensure departmental teams are informed, trained and developed to provide positive patient experience.
- Promote a culture of continuous quality improvement through the use of patient satisfaction feedback and reflection on practice ensuring that patient feedback is integrated into service design and developments.
- To participate in and lead service improvement projects or development programmes that contribute to the modernisation of patient service.
- Identify and participate in the development of nursing policies and procedures as relevant.
- To ensure complaints are managed in line with HCA Policy and local procedures; ensuring the investigation tool is completed and learning is identified for individual complaints within the set timescales.
- To ensure Datix investigations are completed within 2 weeks of the reported date, ensuring lessons learnt and action taken are identified and implemented to maintain a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
Also support a system of feedback to all staff that incorporates the outcomes of incident investigation.
- Assist with completion of and undertake Root Cause Analysis (RCA's) regarding serious incidents when necessary and support others to develop the skills required to complete RCA's.
- Address poor practice and put in place procedures/development programmes to change practice going forward.
- Ensure staff adhere to the Data Protection Act and comply with information governance ensuring patient confidentiality at all times.
- Work with ward teams to ensure the completion of the clinical nursing audits and ensuring action plans in place with appropriate time frames.
- Liaise with Health and Safety lead and ensure there is a robust process in place for monitoring the Health and Safety agenda.
- Work with the Governance team to maintain a system for the distribution of safety notices /alerts and recording of actions taken.
More Jobs from HCL Permanent
- Qualified Social Worker - Child In Care
- Senior Practitioner - Assessment
- Qualified Social Worker - Family Safeguarding
- Deputy Team Manager - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - Assessment & Intervention
- Qualified Social Worker - Children's Services
- Qualified Social Worker - Safeguarding
- Advanced Practitioner - Fostering
- Qualified Social Worker - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - MASH
- Qualified Social Worker - Court & Permanence
- Advanced Social Worker - Children
- Senior Social Worker - Safeguarding
- Qualified Social Worker - Children In Need
- Registered Nurse – ICU
- Clinical Services Manager - Cancer Services
- Qualified Social Worker - Children
- Qualified Social Worker Together for Children
- Specialist Nurse - Oncology
- Sister - Charge Nurse