Operational Technical Design Authority
NRL are actively looking for an Operational TDA to provide expertise and advise to operations delivery and design teams for a large infrastructure client.
This is a permanent opportunity, based in Chichester.
- Technical support and advice for the Service Delivery Manager which will take the form of input to key decision making particularly related to technical Operational related matters, providing clarity for complex problems that may occur, and implementation of change that may be required.
- Management of Operational Risk through maintenance of the Operational Risk Register.
This includes; Identification, Recording and Tracking of technical risks to the account, Development of solutions, Initiation and scoping of mitigating activities to address risks, providing technical advice and assurance as required.
- Review options for the current infrastructure to avoid EOL/obsolescence
- Ensuring End of Sale and End of Support advisories, where available, are flagged, processed and communicated to the client
- Act as a mediator between other support teams, both internal and external, to bring timely resolutions to a client’s requests against their infrastructure.
- Take an active governance role as a member of the Joint Technical Design Authority Board and related activities.
- Supporting Business Analysts with technical assessment and review of service designs and service transition to Operations.
- Advise and support in the creation and/or validation of any Project Initiation (or similarly entitled) documentation, and provide input into the definition of project scope, deliverables, impact and risk, briefing project managers and project teams, as required.
- Become a trusted adviser to the client on technology and architectural matters.
- Technical liaison with infrastructure vendors supporting as part of ‘Horizon Scanning’ and working with Solution Architects for the development of innovative solutions.
- Undertake detailed technical design for complex, critical and new solutions being introduced into service, as appropriate.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Problem solver and solution provider.
- Strong risk management skills.
- Experience in all aspects of Operational IT delivery including:
- Server Infrastructure
- Able to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences, understand complex business requirements and align them to available solutions and services.
- An excellent understanding of how technologies integrate with local and wider customer IT landscapes with proven experience working with such technologies (e.g.
Networks, ADFS and Azure).
- Experience in ITIL practices and service improvement.
- Competence with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days’ holiday
- 5% employer contribution pension scheme
- Remote working available
- Competitive salary