Due to a combination of internal progression and growth of their business our client requires an experienced iSeries Consultant to join a well-established and busy team.
You will provide consultancy level support and planning for the iSeries platform.
Support to entail fault diagnosis, remediation, structural improvement and integration for the platform.
The role holder will provide support for the general identification and resolution of faults, incidents and problems.
They will be expected to monitor identify and report problems/variances within given guidelines, and contribute to the delivery of new technology/services and infrastructure.
They will make recommendations to change/adapt processes in order to facilitate their work and the work of others.
- Fault find, fix, maintain and improve existing hosted systems
- Assist in design of new systems
- Assist in implementation of new systems and upgrades
- Perform IBM software upgrades
- Analyse monitoring needs and deploy monitoring tools
Required Techincal Knowledge (Essential):
In-depth knowledge and experience of:-
- Logical Partitioning/PowerVM virtualisation and virtualised VIOS network implementations
- Hardware platforms – Power5/Power6/Power7/Power8
- CL Programming
- Vendor HA/replication softwares
Preferably with knowledge of:-
- Virtualised storage on IBM V7000 SAN
- PowerHA Metro-Mirror
- Experience of working in a hosting environment
- Demonstrable experience of working in a complex enterprise-level iSeries environment.
- Proven experience of analysing and breaking down problems and information using structured frameworks and methodologies.
- Ability to self-start and motivate others to achieve goals.
- Excellent communications skills and a professional telephone manner are essential in this customer-focused role.
- Strong desire to continually improve customer service
- Decision making with an analytical mind-set
- A natural capability to work with low levels or no supervision.
- Exhibit leadership, professionalism and diplomacy at all times
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other People
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills
- Planning and Organisation
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with technology
- IBM Certified Technical Sales Specialist – Power Systems with Power 8 Scale-out
- IBM Certified Technical Sales Specialist – Power Systems with Power8 Enterprise
- IBM Certified System Expert – Virtualisation Technical Support for IBM I
This position is based at the Frontline HQ in Handforth, Wilmslow
How to apply
Please apply here and our client will be in direct contact.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Sheet Metal / Fabrication Engineer
- Gas & Mechanical Engineering Manager
- SDET Tester
- Trade Counter Sales Staff
- Marketing & HR assistant
- Marketing & HR assistant
- Service Desk Manager
- SAP Business One Helpdesk Consultant
- iSeries Consultant
- Part Time Telesales Executive
- Junior Paraplanner
- Sales Executive
- Marketing Manager
- Outreach Support Worker/Driver
- Outreach Worker
- Lash Technician
- Polish Speaking First Response Advisor