We are looking for a DV cleared Geospatial Analyst to help develop, manage and experiment on innovative technologies applied to the geospatial domain.
You will also help wider stakeholders in the exploitation/use of these developments including working with customers to identify opportunities and building demonstators to provide proof of concept.
Skills and experience
* Proven record of using commercial and/or open source geospatial tools (such as ArcGIS, QGIS, GeoServer, PostGIS etc) to collect, manage and exploit geospatial data.
* An understanding of remote sensing data sources and associated processing methodologies.
* Experience of working with and effectively communicating with Customers.
* Experience of Trial/Experimental design and conduct
* Familiarity with OGC standards
* Experience of setting up or creating new geospatial services
* Experience of Java development
* To act as a Dstl Subject Matter Expert (SME) and technical lead on all geospatial analysis matters including providing advice on data, tools and techniques.
* Identification of requirements for improvements using technology to improve geospatial data capture, management and exploitation.
* Collaboration with other team members to identify potential solutions.
* Building of technology demonstrators using commercial and open source software.
* Engagement with customers to gather feedback.
* To support the set up and running of experimentation and demonstration environments
* Provide advice on Geospatial interoperability and future trends.
* Provide wider support to projects in terms of scoping, delivery and coherence of current and future requirements relating to Geospatial information.
As well as the experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec/more information.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 24 months approx
- Rate: 427 Per Day Umb/paye option
- Location: Salisbury, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Contact: James Christie
- Tel: 02087472161
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: D16137Pdown
- Posted: 2019-07-23 16:24:05 -
- View all Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
More Jobs from Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
- Experimentation Capability Lead
- Programme Manager
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Senior Trainer/Lecturer
- Benefits manager
- Commercial Officer
- DATABASE DEVELOPER AND MANAGER
- Portfolio Planner
- CCDO Labourers
- Utility Surveyors - All Levels Wanted
- Procurement Officer
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Transformation Manager - Operating Model
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Engineer
- Software Modeller/ Application Programmer
- Payroll Administrator
- Strategic communications officer
- Digital Head of Technology Infrastructure Engineering
- Scientific Software Engineer
- Cyber Security Consultant