Restaurant and Bars Manager
We have an exciting career opportunity for hospitality professional to join an organisation in West Cumbria who has some amazing plans for the future.
The role is Restaurant and Bars Manager but it’s certainly not a run of the mill “corporate type” position.
This job requires someone who is more than capable of food and beverage management but can also come up with ideas, is creative and ambitious, understands the workings of a restaurant and bar from a business point of view, can lead a team from the front whilst also being hands on and ultimately, this person will have an outgoing and positive personality.
It goes without saying that you will also have impeccable customer service skills and a love of people.
Our client is offering the successful candidate the opportunity to help shape their business for the future.
In addition to managing the current operation, you will also be involved in the progressive and innovative expansion plans they have for the near future.
The most important qualities required for this job are attitude and personality.
You should also have bags of enthusiasm and a can do attitude.
You might already be employed as a Restaurant and Bars Manager or a Food and Beverage Manager or you could be looking for a step up the career ladder, whatever you’re currently doing you can apply for this role if you are passionate about working in hospitality and have the capability to manage a high end restaurant and bar operation.
This is a varied and interesting job and you will enjoy the support, development and nurturing of a senior manager who you will be working very closely with.
Duties and responsibilities include;
· Support the senior management with the running of the food and beverage operations across the business
· Take responsibility for training, inspiring and nurturing the front of house team
· Manage bar stock, including ordering and stocktaking, and minimising waste
· Take a pro-active approach to health, safety and hygiene
· Work within budgets both in terms of achieving income and managing cost
· Ensure that bar cost of sales is controlled
· Regularly review suppliers to ensure that purchasing is at competitive rates
· Ensure accuracy of cash handling amongst the whole team, that cashing up is carried out in the required fashion and that flash sales figures are reported promptly each week
· Lead the front of house team during service, ensuring that all customers have a quality experience, and that staff remain calm when under pressure
· Work with the kitchen to ensure that orders are accurate and complete, and are served in a timely fashion
· Ensure that opportunities to up-sell across the business are maximised, increasing revenues
· At quieter times (such as lunch) it may be that you are the only person working front of house so you will be expected to wait tables to a high standard, in a friendly and engaging way
· Ensure that the other bar is stocked and appropriately staffed, utilising other staff where necessary to help at peak times
· Ensure that at all times, the restaurant and bar areas are presentable
· Work with the Communications & Sales Manager and Hospitality Manager to promote the hospitality offers, developing and carrying through new initiatives including attending public events to talk to potential customers about what’s on offer
· Respond to Social Media enquiries and ensure a positive and regular online presence is achieved that will encourage engagement
· Assist the management to pro-actively seek events & conference business
· Develop new offers and ways to engage customers
· Respond to incoming events & conference enquiries
· Manage the diary booking and EPOS systems
The ideal person for this role;
· At least 2 years’ experience in the hospitality and catering sector
· Exceptional customer service skills
· Organised and methodical
· Bags of initiative and a positive attitude
· A people person who is enthusiastic and approachable
· Able to come up with ideas, present them and put them into practice
· An understanding of targets and budgets
· Happy to lead from the front and, when required, work alone
· Confident and driven
· Good sense of humour and knows how to read customers
· Someone who believes in work being a fun and happy environment
Salary and benefits summary;
· £20,000 to £25,000 per year
· Permanent position
· 28 days per year holiday
· 40 hour working week (closed Mondays, Tuesdays and Sunday evenings)
· Staff discounts
· Opportunity to make your mark and develop your career
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £25000 per year
- Location: Workington, Cumbria, England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: Recruit Hospitality Ltd
- Contact: Paul Murphy
- Tel: 01946448765
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 4A-1499-44
- Posted: 2020-09-16 23:30:01 -
- View all Jobs from Recruit Hospitality Ltd