Senior Developer (C#, .Net, JS Framework)
In 2015, Our clients joined hands to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing.
Our client is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
They call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and they are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
They are headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016.
This has offered them opportunity to further expand their growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for their client in the UK.
Having grown at a tremendous pace, their workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; they have no plans to slow down! They take great pride in their company values and culture; they regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where their employees enjoy coming into work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Over the last twelve months, our client’s Agency Services team have invested in their internal tech proposition by growing their Media Solutions department.
They are now looking for a Lead / Senior-Level Software Developer to manage their small team of developers and continue growing this arm of their business.
Their Agency Services function runs digital marketing campaigns for some of the largest advertisers in the UK, with 400 employees based in London, Edinburgh and Dubai.
The Media Solutions team sits within this function and is responsible for building and maintaining their internal software products.
Their tools are currently are used by over 300 members of the team, with wider expansion to the EMEA team in the coming year.
To achieve their goals, they’re looking for an experienced developer who is keen to develop others, implement new processes and get involved in the entire software development lifecycle.
In addition to writing top notch code, you'll work closely with the Media Solutions Director to ensure product development aligns with business objectives.
You'll have a high degree of autonomy in this role, taking ownership of the software development roadmap and designing systems and solutions for the team to build that are scalable and meet business objectives.
Life as a Senior Software Developer:
- Software development lifecycle - You’ll take ownership of the team’s development lifecycle, with support from the Media Solutions Director.
This includes maintaining the roadmap, architecting software solutions, and implementing processes such as code reviews and testing to ensure development progresses on time and to specification.
- Team management - You’ll take on line management of their more junior developers and help grow the team under you in 2020.
Don’t worry if you’ve not managed people before, they have a comprehensive training programme in-house for new managers!
- Coding - You’ll actively contribute to the codebase yourself, writing clean, logical and structured code that sets the standard for the team.
- Wider business operations - You’ll be involved in decision making for the tools you work on, and take an active role in ensuring your team’s work aligns with wider business objectives.
They anticipate that a successful candidate will have circa 5-6 years of experience in modern C# software development as well as:
- Experience working with C# in a .NET Core context
- A strong knowledge of a modern JS framework, ideally React
- A familiarity with cloud deployment (we use Google Cloud)
- Experience contributing to the wider software development lifecycle
- Experience liaising with a product owner/manager
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- An enthusiasm to take on a leadership role and grow a small software team, with exposure to wider business operations
As they progress and develop as a company, you will too.
Within their fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas.
In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, they make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary.
They’re really proud of their company values and culture; they have regular company / team socials and want all their employees to enjoy coming into work.
Some of the benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for the lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Senior Full-Stack Python Developer - Remote Working
- Senior Full-Stack Python Developer - Remote Working
- Business Development Manager
- Junior Dynamics 365 CE Consultant
- Quality Control Operator
- QC Operator
- Marketing Manager
- Training and Personnel
- HVAC Operations Manager
- Social Worker - Substance Misuse
- Wireperson / Panel Builder / Wiring Technician
- Finance Manager
- Administration Assistant
- Tool & Application Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Travel Consultant
- Financial Services Administrator