Are you an experienced and qualified HR professional interested in joining a growing HR practice?
Our client is now in its 13th year and they are looking for an HR Manager with an engaging, approachable manner who can understand the needs of their SME clients, feel confident in selling their services and is motivated to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Working with them is very different to being within an HR Department for a single organisation.
You are in effect providing HR services for lots of different businesses in many different sectors, all at the same time! This means you could be advising on a diverse range of HR issues. You will need to be well organised and have the ability to deal with multiple clients in different industries.
Who is our client looking for?
People who are keen to build on their portfolio of HR experience, Individuals interested in a generalist HR role and who enjoy providing advice on a wide range of employment issues ranging from recruitment to termination.
- Provide HR and employment law advice by telephone and email to clients to assist them to prevent and resolve people problems, providing draft letters as required
- Visit clients at their premises to provide ‘hands on’ support, e.g.
chairing disciplinary and grievance meetings, handling investigations and appeals
- Prepare, review and update contracts of employment and employment policies to ensure compliance with employment law and best practice
- Deliver an excellent customer service
- Advise on managing performance and sickness absence issues
- Guide clients through issues such as redundancies, reorganisations and TUPE transfers
- Manage recruitment activity for clients
- Assist with preparation of employment tribunal documents and liaise with The HR Dept lawyers in relation to ACAS early conciliation requests and ET claims
- Deliver people management training sessions to businesses, often a mixture of existing clients and prospective clients
- Present at seminars on HR and employment law matters
- Attend networking events to meet new people and promote the products and services of The HR Dept (occasionally)
- Entering and updating client details on the CRM database, logging calls etc.
- Undertaking own administration
Qualifications and experience:
- Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Human Resources Practice required or working towards
- Level 5 Diploma in Applied Human Resources or Advanced Level (equivalent to Level 7) Award/Certificate in Human Resources or equivalent Employment Law qualification is desirable
- Previous generalist HR experience gained predominantly in private sector and good knowledge of employment law essential
- Experience of working with SMEs desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to own transport desirable
- Be a strong communicator and presenter
- Be able to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- Be able to work independently but also as a member of a small team
- Have good computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Be resourceful and able to initiate activity
- Like a challenge
- Be someone who pays attention to detail
- Be a pragmatic, practical thinker
- Be resilient
- Be passionate about delivering excellent customer service
- Have integrity, energy, lots of enthusiasm and are hardworking and approachable above all.
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours per week, can be flexible about when these are worked – both part-time and full-time applications will be considered.
Salary: A full-time equivalent of up to £35,000.00 depending on experience and working pattern.
Location: Basepoint Business Centre, Dartford, Kent
About our Client
The company was launched in September 2007 and operates primarily in, Dartford, Bexley, Gravesend, Greenwich and surrounding areas.
They are part of a large nationwide network providing practical, pragmatic and affordable outsourced HR to SMEs.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Workshop Operative
- Contracts Manager
- Management Accountant
- Family Paralegal
- New Business Executive
- Social Prescriber Link Worker
- Senior Digital Consultant - CRM
- Senior Digital Consultant - Acquisition
- Heating Engineer
- New Business Executive
- Personal Assistant
- Experienced Legal Cashier
- IT Support Specialist
- Experienced IT Support Analyst
- Senior IT Support Analyst
- Part-Time Online English Instructor [Remote]
- Creative Design Specialist
- Senior Social Worker - Case Manager
- Research & Development Manager