Membership Development Officer
Membership Development Officer – Member recruitment
- 35 hours per week
- Permanent appointment
- Based in Hackbridge, South London / Surrey (Zone 4)
Our members are making a difference to the lives of older and disabled people every day
Homecare services support almost one million older and disabled people across the UK each year, to continue living independently in their own homes – the preference for the vast majority of people.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, homecare agencies and their staff have been on the front line for service delivery, enabling people to remain living safely at home throughout the outbreak.
As the professional membership association for homecare agencies, United Kingdom Homecare Association (UKHCA)’s mission is to enable a strong sustainable innovative and person-led homecare market to flourish across the UK, supporting our members so that they can help people to live well and independently at home.
UKHCA is already the largest national representative association for homecare providers.
We’re looking for a creative and dynamic Membership Development professional to work as part of our Membership and Marketing team grow our membership.
The primary focus of this role will be recruiting homecare provider organisations into UKHCA membership to build on our leadership position as the voice and support for the homecare sector.
Identify prospective member organisations through analysing industry data and proactively monitoring sector media for recruitment opportunities.
Create and execute targeted engagement programmes to promote the benefits of membership both through direct contact with prospective members and working with sector groups and stakeholders.
Work with marketing and communications colleagues to develop lead generation campaigns and comprehensive information resources and guidance for prospective members across all relevant media (emails, phone, social, print).
Be the first point of contact for all new member enquiries and proactively follow up all membership enquiries.
Co-ordinate all aspects of a prospective members journey from lead management of initial enquiries through to conversion into membership.
Take the lead on recruitment initiatives working with third parties eg: care sector events – in both online and live event environments.
Build relationships with sector groups and stakeholders to develop membership recruitment opportunities.
Work with the Membership and Marketing Director to develop and implement tracking and reporting for membership recruitment performance at individual initiative and overall levels.
- Successful track record of membership or business development to generate sales and revenue growth.
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer service in a broad range of settings (eg: face to face, events, remotely using Zoom and other communications technologies, telephone, written formats etc).
- Demonstrable experience of proactivity and responsiveness to ensure timely actions taken to follow up enquiries.
- Experience of building strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Experience of tracking and reporting membership / business development performance.
- Strong organisational skills for time management, prioritisation and administration.
- Experienced in using the following software:
- Databases / Customer Relationship Management systems
- Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Email broadcast systems eg: Dotmailer, MailChimp or similar
- Social media for professional purposes eg: LinkedIn; Twitter
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 28 days’ annual leave and 8 public holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team environment with experienced team members
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter which demonstrates how your skills and experience will enable you to meet the job description
The closing date for applications is 17:00 hrs on Monday 10th August 2020.
Interviews are planned for Tuesday 18th August 2020, subject to confirmation.
We currently expect to conduct interviews by video conference (Zoom).
UKHCA is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that we do not accept referrals from recruitment agencies.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Creative PA - Part Time
- Loft Conversion Fitters
- Operational & Warehouse Administrator
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Marketing Administrator
- Plumbing and Heating Engineer
- Window Film Technician
- Window Film Technician
- Care Assistant
- Breakdown Gas Engineer / Installer
- Bathroom Fitter / Installer
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Experienced Front End Web Developer
- Registered Care Home Manager
- Trainee Manufacturing Operative
- Manual Grinder
- Studio Administrator
- Delivery Driver
- Delivery Driver