The Quantity Surveyor Role:
My client is a specialist interior fit-out contractor operating in a variety of sectors ranging from high end commercial office, hotel, leisure & heritage sector, working on landmark prestigious projects throughout the UK.
You will work out of their West Midlands office with the occasional site visit.
You will focus on the Interior Fit-Out to help deliver refurbishment and interior fit-out projects, throughout the UK.
Roles & Responsibilities Include:
- Taking off quantities from drawings for insertion into estimate cost templates
- Preparation of enquiry documentation utilising standard pro-forma to establish competitive packages
- Analysis of subcontract quotations to enable normalisation and comparison to use most competitive return within our submissions to clients
- Estimating for budgets, fixed price lump sums and competitive tenders
- Work with design team to provide cost effective solution for client at point of cost submission
- Preparation of client view quotations using standard templates
- Ongoing synergy with design team to ensure detailed design is in accordance with the contract and on budget
- Supply chain cost negotiation
- Supply chain order placement and appointment
- Supply chain variations
- Supply chain payment notices
- Supply chain Final Accounts
- Supply chain performance reviews
- Supply chain out turn cost data analysis for use in future pre contract work
- Client variations
- Client valuations
- Client final accounts
- Client Invoicing
- Cost v Value reconciliation to establish project profitability
The Successful Quantity Surveyor:
- Track record of successful projects of in the High End Interior Fit-Out Sector.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process including both new build and fit-out / refurbishment
- Experience in the majority of the above roles & responsibilities
- Degree qualified or NVQ, BTEC or Higher National equivalent
- 3 to 5 years full time experience in a surveying role with a leading reputable main / principle contractor
- Good Understanding of JCT forms of contract & Contract law