Operations Manager / Estimator
Our client is a small growing business looking to expand and open further branches.
They are looking for an Operations Manager / Estimator to run the installation side of the company and estimate all job enquiries.
The ideal candidate for this role will have two years of operations experience, ideally within the building industry but not required, and will have excellent time management and organisational skills.
A proactive and team-oriented nature is also essential for this role, as well as good knowledge of the MS Office suite.
They are looking for someone passionate about achieving results, willing to embrace the role & help drive the business forward.
They must have a friendly & approachable attitude, as well as being able to manage people and professionally handle customer complaints.
Key Roles & Responsibilities - Operations Manager
- Day to day management of installation teams currently 4 people
- Organise fitting diary and confirm with their clients
- Lead, communicate and motivate your team to understand and achieve production goals.
- Managing and working to KPI’s
- Managing the recruitment and onboarding process
- Complaint handling
- Develop and implement systems and processes
- Act as the main point of contact for all client, contractor and supplier queries
- Liaise with contractors and site managers to ensure compliance and health and safety requirements
Key Roles & Responsibilities – Estimator
- Take information from CRM system from BDM and work out costings
- Update CRM system with costing notes for office assistant to type up
- Downloading and saving tender information into the project file if required
- Ensure estimates are back on time
- Be able to speak to clients to gain more information if required
- Understand site plans and take information from them to quote
Experience / Knowledge / Skills Required:
- PC literate with experience in using Microsoft packages
- Management of teams and arranging work schedules
- Estimating experience
- Has some experience in the performance of specific tasks and activities that do not involve supervision or close liaison with others
- Ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise workloads effectively
- Excellent telephone skills and the ability to respond positively and effectively to staff.
- Extremely organised
- Able to prioritise a changing to-do list
- Excellent attention to detail
- Uses initiative
- Comfortable working both individually and as part of the team
- Reliable, dependable and willing to 'pitch in' at all times
- Previous estimating experience - Required
- Must have previous production management experience minimum 2 years
- Knowledge / Understanding of a CRM system
- Knowledge / Understanding of Microsoft preferred
Job Types: Full-time contract
Salary: £26,000-£32,000 per year depending on skill level
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Perk scheme
- On-site parking
- Phone allowance for use of personal phone to make/receive calls through an app
- Monday to Friday no weekends
- 8.30 - 5pm
About our Client
Bespoke Frameless Glass is a specialist in frameless shower enclosures, frameless balustrades and splash backs.
They work in close contact with customers to achieve greater levels of service.
They pride themselves on work ethics, customer service level and high standard of finish to all our work, therefore, you need to be professional, presentable and willing to listen, learn and take on new skills.
You will need to be good at problem solving and thinking on your feet.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Creative PA - Part Time
- Loft Conversion Fitters
- Operational & Warehouse Administrator
- Executive Personal Assistant
- Marketing Administrator
- Plumbing and Heating Engineer
- Window Film Technician
- Window Film Technician
- Care Assistant
- Breakdown Gas Engineer / Installer
- Bathroom Fitter / Installer
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Experienced Front End Web Developer
- Registered Care Home Manager
- Trainee Manufacturing Operative
- Manual Grinder
- Studio Administrator
- Delivery Driver
- Delivery Driver