IG & Data Protection Coordinator
Role: IG & Data Protection Administration/Coordinator
Company: Circle Health Group https://www.circlehealth.co.uk/ and www.bmihealthcare.co.uk
Salary: £25,000 - £38,000pa + Private healthcare, pension and life assurance
Circle Health Group (CHG) is a company that runs hospitals and health services in the UK.
Different to most healthcare organisations, Circle Health Group build independent hospitals which pioneered five-star hospitality in the UK, and they run innovative types of work for the NHS across specialist areas.
In December 2019 Circle acquired BMI Healthcare, and are now embarking on a period of growth as part of their digital transformation programme.
Working in partnership with BPM Tech, Circle Health Group are recruiting for a number of exciting positions within IT & IG. This is an exciting time for the organisation and a great opportunity for motivated IT professionals to join their ranks and play a significant part in Circle Health Group's next steps!
The Information Governance and Data Protection Administrator/Co-ordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation has a managed and co-ordinated approach in the implementation of information governance initiatives and practices which are essential in maintaining compliance with the law and best practice in information governance.
Working in a challenging environment, with clinical and management colleagues, you will need strong communication and influencing skills to provide advice and direction on information governance in real, often challenging operational scenarios.
You will be faced with a variety of competing priorities that will require a flexible and imaginative approach, combined with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Act as the organisation’s additional point of contact for queries coming to the Information Governance & Data Protection Officer from hospitals, corporate site and third parties (including patients) to ensure that all data protection related queries and complaints are properly reviewed and resolved/responded to in a timely manner.
- Responsible for supporting the organisation’s Information Asset Owners and Administrators in regular review of the Record of Processing Activities (RoPA) and Work Instruction Records Retention Schedule, making sure that they are kept up-to-date and remain fit-for-purpose in line with legislative and best practice requirements
- Review submitted Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and identify where activities contain risks of non-compliance with Data Privacy laws.
- Working closely with the Information Governance and Data Protection Officer in the provision of support for wider information governance activities, such as Data Protection Controller/Processor Agreement reviews and effective incident management.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with key Programme Offices across the organisation’s (e.g.
Estates, Clinical Services, IT) and ensure that suitable information governance reviews take place for all the organisation’s Projects and that any additional IG-related documentation (e.g.
RoPAs, Data Sharing Agreements, 3rd Party Data Processor reviews, etc) required from this are completed, signed off and auditable.
- Provision of support on the completion of the Data Security and Protection toolkit.
Liaising with relevant service areas representatives in the collation of evidence which meets the requirements of the DSP Toolkit.
Key skills and experience required for the Data Protection Administrator/Coordinator includes:
- 3-5 years experience working in a data protection role, within large organisation covering multiple sites.
- Strong knowledge of data protection laws (Data protection acts, GDPR etc)
- A solid understanding of relevant information governance assessment frameworks, particularly the NHS DSP Toolkit
- Significant experience of working in a administrative/coordinator role supporting senior managers and liaising with third parties.
Ideally this experience would be within the healthcare sector
- Information governance and/or data protection related professional qualifications (desirable)
- Experience or understanding of more technical Information Security standards such as ISO27001, PCI-DSS and Cyber Essentials
- Enthusiastic and passionate about good information governance, yet also pragmatic and able to balance this appropriately with operational and commercial realities as well as overall organisation risk appetite and wider governance
This role is best suited to someone who enjoys building relationships with stakeholders, has an inquisitive mindset and is proactive in their approach to work.
You will be able to demonstrate vast knowledge of data protection law and always been keeping up to date on new legislations, and how they can affect Circle Health Group.
Please note, successful candidates will need to undertake a DBS check
Interview dates are scheduled for week commencing 16th November 2020
BPM Tech are working in partnership with Circle Health Group across a number of roles within their IT & IG Departments.
Please feel free to apply through the advert, or contact us directly to discuss any of the IT opportunities available at Circle Health Group!
BPM Tech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and are committed to protecting your data.
By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Data Protection Policy which outlines how we use information we collect about you.
(Our Data Protection Policy can be found at https://www.bpmtech.co.uk/data-protection-policy).
More Jobs from BPM Tech Limited
- Software Developer
- Senior IT End User Computing (EUC) Engineer
- Enterprise Account Executive
- IT Manager
- AWS Senior Systems Administrator
- IT Operations Technician
- Software Developer
- UX Designer
- Senior Integration Engineer
- Principal Delivery Manager (Cloud Based Solutions)
- Account Manager
- Principal and Senior Application/Software Support
- Principal Cloud Engineer
- Software Tester
- Storage Analyst
- DevOps Engineer
- Test Manager
- IT Operations Technician
- Web Developer
- Business Systems Analyst