Solution Architect (Salesforce)
Salary: £Commensurate with the role & experience + benefits.....
Location: Cambridge, although home based opportunity is available.....
Do you have Salesforce Technical expertise that means you can design, build and deploy solutions that will solve business and technology problems?
Do you have a genuine passion for technology architecture and want a role where you can start with a blank sheet of paper?
Do you want to work in a friendly and entrepreneurial environment where you can have a positive impact by working to improve the public sector?
Our client is looking for a Solution Architect (Salesforce) to join their team.
About the Company
Our client’s projects team delivers business software based around the Salesforce.com platform to a diverse and evolving group of customers - mostly public sector clients, delivering important services to their communities.
Their strategic goal is to deliver a unifying public service delivery platform to their customers that can be configured to meet the scope and business objectives behind their immediate requirements and grow with them to deliver increasing value over time.
They are developing an increasing number of reusable software assets (the products) to offer ‘out of the box’ solutions to common requirements.
The Platform Projects team works beyond the edge of their standard products, delivering Salesforce consulting services and bespoke solutions to new and existing users of Salesforce technology.
Their custom development work leverages the capabilities of the Salesforce Platform to offer cost-effective and scalable technology as an alternative to other technology stacks. They work with the latest Salesforce features such as Field Service Lightning, second-generation packaging and Einstein Analytics and partner with third parties to provide booking and payment management capabilities.
About the Role
As a Solution Architect within the Platform Projects team you will work closely with enterprise clients and senior developers and consultants within the company to help solve business and technology problems, supporting them in achieving their goals and introducing them to the full range of products and services the company can offer.
You will have a deep understanding of the architecture of the Salesforce Platform and how their existing products and services extend it so that you can quickly identify options to deploy and tailor their products or design new custom functionality either standalone for a customer or as a new product candidate.
The role is not just about producing a design and then stepping away from the delivery, you will also be playing a leading role in the implementation phase of the work, coordinating technical consultants and developers as needed as well as directly configuring functionality in salesforce and demoing to customers and partners.
A key part of the role will be to provide technical pre-sales support to their Business Development Directors.
While you will be based in the implementation team they believe that it is better for the people who will be leading the delivery post-sale to contribute to the pre-sales effort ensuring that they have a smooth transition from sales to delivery and can hit the ground running.
This work will sometimes find you having to build demos, proof of concept systems and working with new partners on a tight deadline.
Typically you will spend up to half your time travelling to and working on their client sites across the UK, typically for one or two-day workshops.
When not on-site, you will be based in their office in Cambridge with opportunities for flexible and home working.
Clearly, Covid-19 has substantially affected this and the company is committed to working in a Covid safe fashion with virtually all staff exclusively working from home during the pandemic.
However as and when restrictions are eased and they can safely travel to their client sites this will be a responsibility of the role.
Having your own vehicle and a clean UK driving licence will be invaluable for Covid safe travel and so is considered highly desirable at this point in time.
What they are looking for?
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least five years’ experience in a leading role in designing and delivering Salesforce projects
- Experience in a varied leadership role, with the ability to jump from project to project where necessary
- Highly proficient with both programmatic and declarative Salesforce functionality
- Salesforce certifications such as Platform App Builder, Service Cloud Consultant and preferably Application and/or System Architect
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and online interactive
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Public sector experience - either working in or for
- Experience of Agile Project delivery and / or line management experience
- Mulesoft and/or Tableau
- Security Clearance
- Full UK driving licence and vehicle
What do you get in return?
- Health insurance & Medical Cash back plan (for you and your family)
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme - fund match up to 5%
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme of up to 5 days
- 35hr week with flexitime
- The good feeling that comes from working to improve the public sector
- Career progression in your hands, whether you want to work with development, customer relationships or business skills
- Friendly & entrepreneurial environment : They’ve created a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are looked after.
Joining them means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than 'just another company'
- Social events: Thirsty Thursdays, Souper Mondays, and monthly events organised by Team Awesome make them a very social company
- Social clubs: whether you’re into music, sport, or board games there’ll be a social club for you
How to Apply
Please click on the link provided and you will be redirected to our client’s website to complete your application.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Despatch Operative
- Finance Manager
- Machinist / Bench Joiner
- Import / Export Operations
- Lead Devops Engineer - Azure
- Lead Devops Engineer - Azure
- Semi Senior Accountant
- Business Development Executive (Work from home)
- Accountancy Practice Manager
- Multi-Utility Estimator
- Multi-Utility Estimator
- Senior Power Analyst
- Business Development Manager
- JIB Graded Electrician
- Community Support Worker
- Cleantech Analyst