Family Intervention Practitioner Wakefield
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work within a new project in Wakefield as a Familiy Intervention Practitioner.
Wakefield Autism Support Project (WASP) is funded by Wakefield CCG and is a collaboration between KIDS and Barnardo’s.
The service is unique in its approach to supporting children and young people’s emotional wellbeing, particularly where a young person experiences anxiety and low mood as a result of an Autism Spectrum Condition or where not diagnosed but identified social, communication and interaction difficulties or other neuro-developmental disorders.
WASP offers two distinct complementary elements which work in collaboration with each other to support both the parents/carers and the young person with a bespoke package of support.
The aim of the project in Wakefield is to work alongside existing commissioned services to identify young people who require targeted support around their emotional wellbeing in order to prevent a deterioration which may require more potentially intense intervention.
The Family Intervention Practitioner will work towards reducing the risk of crisis through providing interventions, coordinated support, practical information and emotional support to children, young people and their parents, carers.
For more information https://www.kids.org.uk/wakefield-autism-support-project
Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Full Time Equivalent(FTE) salary details: £20,598.95
Please note interviews will be held on the 13th of January 2021
More Jobs from KIDS Birmingham
- Short Breaks Worker (Walsall)
- Support Worker (Across Hampshire) - Sessional Practitioner
- Short Breaks Worker Sandwell
- Short Breaks Worker - Dudley
- Family Intervention Practitioner Wakefield
- Short Breaks Worker - Hounslow
- Support Worker - Across Hampshire (Sessional Practitioner)
- Support Worker - Southampton (Sessional Practitioner)
- Support Worker - Havant and Waterlooville (Sessional Practitioner)
- Support Worker - New Forest (Sessional Recruitment)
- Support Worker - Fareham and Gosport (Sessional Practitioner)
- IT Web Developer (Home Based)