Warehouse Operative - Day Shift
Charles Saunders Food Service are currently seeking a Full Time, Permanent, Warehouse Operative to join their warehouse team on the day shift at their depot in Yate, Bristol.
Salary: £18,535.00 (Eighteen Thousand, Five Hundred and Thirty Five Pounds) per annum.
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Access to Employee Benefit Portal
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Up to 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Hours: Monday-Friday 07:30-16:00 (with 30 min break), you will also be required to work a Saturday on a rota basis (Overtime will be paid for working a Saturday). You will be required to have a flexible approach to working hours to suit business requirements.
On occasion your start and finish times may be amended.
Probation Period: 6 months
Reporting To: Logistics Manager
About the Company
Charles Saunders Ltd have been established in Bristol for over 50 years.
We supply a full range of frozen, chilled and ambient foods, together with an extensive range of catering products.
About the Role
This position will suit someone who is enthusiastic, has a flexible attitude and can work well both alone and as part of a team.
Previous warehouse experience and a forklift licence is advantageous.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To assist with the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods as required
- Ensure all delivered goods are checked in on arrival and goods are only receipted as requested
- Check that all goods are received in good condition, and are date and temperature checked as required
- Ensure goods are made available for picking and that all goods are located into the warehouse management system
- Pick required goods as specified on a picking sheet for the next day’s deliveries
- Break down and stack products; handling carefully so as to ensure products are stored in a good condition
- Create space in the warehouse for incoming stock and put away in the appropriate bays
- Drive company sprinter vans to deliver goods to customers as and when required and provide support to the transport department
- Assist with stock checks
- Maintain the warehouse / depot in a clean and tidy condition
Skills & Attributes:
- Full, UK, Driving Licence is required
- Previous warehouse and forklift experience is desirable
- Previous experience of working in food industry is advantageous
- Must have a positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude
- Knowledge of manual handling techniques, you will need to be physically fit for this position as the job involves a lot of manual handling of heavy goods
- Good level of numeracy and English literacy.
Our warehouse is paper based not electronic so it essential all applicants can read
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail and apply a high level of accuracy at all times
- Efficiency is key, ensuring items are picked and put away in a timely manner
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision as well as part of a team.
Able to take direction from supervisor and follow instructions
- Honest, reliable, trustworthy character with a strong work ethic and a flexible and adaptable attitude to work
- Good organisational and time management skills
All applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more, please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact. Due to the volume of applications received only successful applicants will receive a response.
Charles Saunders Ltd is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Double Glazing Installer
- Electronics Technician
- Marketing Assistant
- Auto-Electrical CCTV Installer
- Senior Liferay DXP Developer
- Habilitation / Mobility and Orientation Specialist
- Business Development & Key Account Manger
- 7.5 Tonne HGV Driver
- Support Workers
- Warehouse Operative - Day Shift
- B2B Sales / Client Manager
- E-commerce Picker Packer - Day Shift
- Plumbing & Heating Engineer
- Sales Coordinator
- Sales Coordinator
- HSEQ Manager
- Gas Safe Engineer / Plumber
- Customer Account Manager
- Business Development Representative
- Business Development Manager