A well-established and developing legal firm, is seeking to recruit a Conveyancing Secretary to work in the busy Conveyancing Department at their office in Banstead, Surrey.
Our client specialises in work for private clients and privately owned businesses and pride themselves on their renowned technical expertise and their friendly, partner led service.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone looking to progress their career, broaden their knowledge base in conveyancing.
There is also the opportunity to manage your own conveyancing files under the supervision of the Partner and establish your own client relationships.
What you will do:
- Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- Compose correspondence of a routine nature.
- Prepare standard legal forms, as required.
- Review and proof-read legal documents including, leases, etc.
- Handle requests for information in accordance with established procedures.
- Establish and maintain client files in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for the fee earner.
- Provide support to other secretaries as required by the Practice Manager.
- Open e-mails and collect faxes on a regular basis through the day and distribute to the relevant fee earner.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Undertake training when required
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Assist generally in the efficient running of the office
- Learn to utilise various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerised information systems.
- Photocopy and document scanning.
- Relevant experience within a similar role.
- Basic understanding of in-house IT systems.
Experience of BigHand digital dictation and/or Leap Case Management would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively
- First rate customer service skills
- Good IT skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Positive with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude to work with a willingness to learn
If you have the right skills and experience for this role, we would like to hear from you.
Full Time – Monday to Friday, 9.15am to 5:30pm
Due to large volumes of applications, we cannot always contact all applicants.
If you do not hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Head of Sales Support
- Head of Marketing Support
- Customer Service Operative
- Home Care - Care Manager
- Early Years Practitioner
- Independent Living Retail Consultant
- Social Worker - Homeless
- Warehouse, Despatch & Quality Control Operative
- Sales Manager - Mid Market
- Sales Manager - Inside Sales
- Shipping / Packing Technician
- Commercial Analyst
- Support Worker
- General Manager/Business Coach
- Business Development and Partnerships Manager
- Peripatetic Operational Manager
- Account Management Team Leader