Are you a finance professional who thrives off being in a hands on role with aptitude for providing financial insights and analysis to colleagues and Directors?
Do you have proven expertise in management accountancy?
Are you looking to become an active part of a friendly, family run business on its growth journey?
If so this could be the role for you!
Due to continued growth, our client has an exciting new opportunity for a Finance Manager to join their team!
Shotcrete Services Ltd is a specialist Civil Engineering Subcontractor with associated companies including a ready-mix concrete business.
Their Head Office is based on the outskirts of Cranbrook, Kent.
Due to the rural location, the successful applicant will need to have their own transport.
Please note that it is the companies ethos to recruit within the local community so the ideal candidate will live in the local Kent / East Sussex area.
No agencies please!
Due to continued business growth our client has an immediate vacancy for a new role within the business.
They are seeking a competent Finance Manager, preferably with background within the construction industry, to take on responsibility for financial compliance and hands on delivery of day to day financial operations across the group of companies.
Ensuring effective controls are in place to run compliant financial systems, deadlines met by the accounts team and accuracy and integrity in financial ledgers.
- Applicant must have proven track record in management accountancy, commercial awareness and ambition to become an integral member of the management team, deputising for the Business Director.
- Pride in accuracy, record keeping, attention to detail and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, extract key information from detailed data, manage change and improvement in accounting systems.
- Up to date knowledge to fully comply with UK tax and fiscal rules to ensure honest, accurate compliance of company accounts and internal cost data.
- The ideal candidate will have a background working in the construction sector and a firm understanding of accounting practices applicable to construction
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex financial data to non accounting personnel.
- This is an office based role and our office team work collectively to provide office cover for the phone and other functions.
- Full time, permanent position, some flexibility on working hours negotiable
- Employee benefits: pension, employee assistance programme (EAP).
How to apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more our client would love to hear from you! Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided and they will be in direct contact.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Social Worker - Inclusive Health
- Buyer / Stock Controller
- Head of Sales Support
- Head of Marketing Support
- Customer Service Operative
- Home Care - Care Manager
- Early Years Practitioner
- Independent Living Retail Consultant
- Social Worker - Homeless
- Warehouse, Despatch & Quality Control Operative
- Sales Manager - Mid Market
- Sales Manager - Inside Sales
- Shipping / Packing Technician
- Commercial Analyst
- Support Worker
- General Manager/Business Coach
- Business Development and Partnerships Manager