Business Development and Partnerships Manager
Business Development and Partnerships Manager (Remote Working Opportunity!)
Maritime UK is going through an exciting period of growth, and they are seeking a passionate and dedicated Business Development and Partnerships Manager to join their expanding team on an initial 12-month contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is seeking to join a small team and add significant value to a national organisation working on some of the most significant issues for the country.
You will play a key role in sourcing sponsorship and partnerships for Maritime UK’s programmes and events including London International Shipping Week, the Maritime UK Awards, COP26, Maritime UK Week, Diversity in Maritime, Maritime Skills Commission, Maritime Masters, and the Maritime Careers Campaign.
You will act as a key point of contact for their sponsors to ensure their benefits are being fulfilled and to use your skills and knowledge to source new sponsors and partners.
You will engage regularly with members to ensure their involvement with activity and that Maritime UK is best servicing their interests.
You will also lead on new member recruitment.
You will think outside the box to secure revenue and in-kind resource to enable Maritime UK to support the sector as effectively as possible.
- Develop sponsorship propositions for each of Maritime UK’s programmes and relevant events
Secure sponsorship for Maritime UK’s programmes and events
- Manage relationships with existing sponsors on benefits and ensure renewal of sponsorship agreements
- Submit bids for funding to relevant organisations to secure new resource to enable Maritime UK to deliver programmes on behalf of the sector
- Identify partners from across the sector that can support Maritime UK’s activity through provision of in-kind support
- Develop commercial partnerships with like-minded organisations that help realise Maritime UK’s objectives
- Lead on membership recruitment, retention, and development
- Support the CEO in refreshing the company’s strategic plan through engagement with members and stakeholders
- Support the rest of the Maritime UK team as may be appropriate from time to time
The role may involve some travel within the UK.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Good administration skills with attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a business development role or similar
- Experience with bid writing and securing sponsors and partners
- Degree, diploma, or relevant business qualification; or equivalent experience
- Able to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Able to use own initiative and develop ideas with the team
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently, and effectively with attention to detail and quality
- Good knowledge of IT, MS Office applications – Outlook and Excel and social media
Company Benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangement
- 26 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory pension
How to Apply
Applicants should send a covering letter and their CV to the link provided by no later than 5pm Friday 20 August 2021. The company may appoint earlier so they encourage early applications. Interviews are expected to be held remotely in early September 2021.
Diversity and Inclusion
They encourage applications from all regardless of age, sexuality, socio-economic background, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion, or beliefs.
They are committed to building a culture of belonging and inclusion and this is reflected in their policies, practices, and diversity in maritime networks and supported by their Maritime UK National Council.
They are a family friendly organisation, and they encourage flexible working as they want their employees to achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Currently their employees are working flexibly (formally and informally) and remotely due to COVID-19, but they offer the opportunity to work in their offices in line with government guidance if somebody should need to.
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Social Worker - Inclusive Health
- Buyer / Stock Controller
- Head of Sales Support
- Head of Marketing Support
- Customer Service Operative
- Home Care - Care Manager
- Early Years Practitioner
- Independent Living Retail Consultant
- Social Worker - Homeless
- Warehouse, Despatch & Quality Control Operative
- Sales Manager - Mid Market
- Sales Manager - Inside Sales
- Shipping / Packing Technician
- Commercial Analyst
- Support Worker
- General Manager/Business Coach
- Business Development and Partnerships Manager