Molly’s Grooming is very excited to be recruiting for a Salon Manager and experienced Dog Groomer to lead their friendly team in Grays, Essex.
They are an exciting and innovative salon offering their clients (and their owners) a first-class grooming experience.
As part of their plan for further expansion they’re actively seeking a talented individual who shares their passion for dogs and providing a service that excels all others.
Reporting to the Business Owner, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities in the grooming salon.
To manage and be the role model for the team in the salon, not only in the expected standards of grooming but in customer service and communication with clients.
To create an exceptional experience for the dogs during their visit.
To drive and increase sales in terms of new and repeat business and for the additional products and services offered by the salon.
- You’ll have experience of working within a grooming environment, and it is essential that you are able to complete a groom from start to finish on the majority of breeds to a high standard (please note that grooming your own pet does not qualify as professional experience)
- It would be beneficial if you have a grooming related qualification
- You’ll also have either managed a team, ideally within a grooming environment, or be able to demonstrate your ability to manage a team
- You will be commercially aware and understand the importance of driving salon sales
- You will have experience of effectively managing a salon diary to maximise the number of appointments
- You’ll have a proven track record of delivering high standards!
- You’ll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player
- You’ll be hungry to be part of a successful salon and proactive in your approach
Your Responsibilities will be as follows:
Dog Grooming Responsibilities:
- Bathing, scissoring and clipping dogs to conform to a variety of breed-specific standard styles to a high standard
- Emmi-Pet teeth cleaning
- Recording dog groom details
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Informing owners of any health problems discovered during the grooming process
Team Management Responsibilities:
- Team management, setting clear expectations for performance and customer service
- Setting targets for the team for both grooming and sales of all products and services and supporting staff to achieve them
- Team training, ensuring the team are well trained and providing on the job coaching and support
- Manage and plan the team rotas in conjunction with diary management
Salon Management Responsibilities:
- Diary management to maximise the number of appointments
- Driving sales of services and products
- Dealing with client enquiries, including but not exclusively face to face, social media, Email, Telephone, Text messages
- Promoting the products and services of the business, including but not exclusively face to face with clients, Social media, Email, Telephone, Text messages, Events
- Proactively dealing with customer complaints
- Managing all monies, including cashing up, preparing banking at the end of the day
- Stock control
- Ensuring the salon is kept to a high standard of cleanliness on a daily basis
- Attending meetings
- Working with the Owner to build the business in line with the business plan
- Managing and supporting salon and business events
- Assisting with staff recruitment
Personal Development Responsibilities:
- Consistently staying abreast of any new information on the organisations’ products, promotional campaigns etc.
to ensure accurate and helpful information is supplied to clients when they make enquiries
Any other duties as allocated and requested by the business owner.
- Competitive Salary of between £27,040- £29,120 per annum
- 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Essential: 5 years plus grooming experience within a busy salon
- Essential: Be able to manage a team
- Desirable: Managed a grooming salon previously
- Essential: Level 3 City & Guilds Dog Grooming Diploma or equivalent in years of experience
Hours of Work:
This will be a full-time position (including Saturdays) working 9.00am to 5.30pm.
As they are a small salon some flexibility maybe required at times to suit the needs of the business.
Ideally, they’re looking for an immediate start.
How to Apply
If you’ve got what it takes, please wow them with your response!
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Home Care - Care Manager
- Early Years Practitioner
- Independent Living Retail Consultant
- Social Worker - Homeless
- Warehouse, Despatch & Quality Control Operative
- Home Care - Care Manager
- Sales Manager - Mid Market
- Sales Manager - Inside Sales
- Shipping / Packing Technician
- Customer Service Operative
- Commercial Analyst
- Support Worker
- General Manager/Business Coach
- Business Development and Partnerships Manager
- Peripatetic Operational Manager
- Account Management Team Leader
- Business Development Executive - work from home