Warehouse Operative - Day Shift
Charles Saunders Food Service are currently seeking a Full Time, Days Warehouse Operative to join their busy warehouse team at their head office based in Yate, Bristol.
Salary: £20,000.00 per annum (Twenty Thousand Pounds) plus monthly performance related bonus
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Access to Discount employee benefit Portal
- Access to Employee Health Assured Program
- Up to 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Monday-Friday 05:00-13:30 (with an unpaid 30 minute lunch break).
You will also be required to work Saturdays on a rota basis
- Sunday-Thursday 23:00-07:30 (with an unpaid 30 minute lunch break)
- Monday-Friday 21:00-05:30 (with an unpaid 30 minute lunch break)
- Flexible part time working will also be considered
About the Role
This position will suit someone who is physically fit, has a flexible attitude and can work well both alone and as part of a team, previous warehouse experience is desirable.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the warehouse and yard in a clean and tidy condition
- Load and unload vehicles by hand and using plant machinery where necessary and qualified to do so
- Ensure all orders are loaded on to the correct vehicle and stock has been checked off against the pick sheet
- Ensure stock is in a suitable condition to be issued to the customer
- Ensure loading of vehicles is carried out in a manner which prevents damage and loads are secured to prevent movement during transit
- Where appropriate ensure chiller/freezer temperature checks are carried out
- Pick required goods as specified on a paper picking sheet for the next day’s deliveries
- Attention to detail is important to ensue all products match the paper pick sheet and no products are missed
- Check goods being delivered match details on the delivery note and purchase order form
- Ensure all delivered goods are free from pest infestations, contamination or damage and are in a satisfactory condition.
Reject goods if criteria are not met
- Ensure delivered goods are promptly and accurately moved to the appropriate bay in the warehouse
Skills & Attributes:
Warehouse Operatives will be expected to have the following skills / attributes:
- A good level of numeracy and English literacy skills with the ability to read and complete record sheets and paperwork accurately
- The role is physically demanding and therefore a good level of fitness is required as heavy lifting is involved, must have knowledge of manual handling techniques and understand the importance of adhering to health and safety
- Helpful, honest, reliable, trustworthy character with a strong work ethic and a flexible and adaptable attitude to work
- Able to remain calm when under pressure with a positive attitude, ensuring items are picked and loaded accurately and in good time to meet deadlines
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to work alone with minimum supervision as well as part of a team.
Able to take direction from supervisor and follow instructions
- Quick learner
- Previous warehouse experience is desirable
All applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
About the Company
Charles Saunders Ltd have been established in Bristol for over 50 years and are one of the largest independent foodservice companies in the South West.
They supply a full range of frozen, chilled and ambient foods, as well as frozen seafood and an extensive range of non-food catering products.
How to Apply
If this role is of interest and you would like to learn more, please attach your CV to the link provided and the Hiring Company will be in direct contact. Due to the volume of applications received only successful applicants will receive a response.
Charles Saunders Ltd is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non discrimination.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Â£20k per year + monthly performance related bonus of Â£600
- Location: Bristol
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Hiring People
- Contact: Hiring People
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: CS20
- Posted: 2021-08-18 12:26:54 -
- View all Jobs from Hiring People
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Early Years Practitioner
- Independent Living Retail Consultant
- Social Worker - Homeless
- Warehouse, Despatch & Quality Control Operative
- Home Care - Care Manager
- Sales Manager - Mid Market
- Sales Manager - Inside Sales
- Shipping / Packing Technician
- Customer Service Operative
- Commercial Analyst
- Support Worker
- General Manager/Business Coach
- Business Development and Partnerships Manager
- Peripatetic Operational Manager
- Account Management Team Leader
- Business Development Executive - work from home
- Agricultural Carbon & Biodiversity Advisor
- Junior / Intermediate Technician