Mental Health Support Worker
About The Role
Excellent opportunity for Mental Health Support Workers to help provide holistic recovery-focused support to clients with mental health across the EEDMHS.
At saha we are dedicated to providing comprehensive, good quality housing services, support and resettlement.
The Mental Health Support Worker will be engaging creatively with a caseload of clients based on their identified support needs to identify and develop the skills and resources to transform their lives and enable independent living.
This will involve providing high quality support for vulnerable clients through 1:1 and group sessions and working closely with external partner agencies.
The Mental Health Support Worker will be able to:
- Support and accompany clients to attend essential appointments eg related to health, debts or housing, etc
- Support and advise clients to access information on housing, health, welfare, benefits and other resources.
- Support with medication, where required
- Actively engage residents in developing the service
- Help assess potential new clients
- Liaise with external agencies etc.
including Health Professionals
- Help manage any incidents or challenging behaviour
- Develop person-centred Support Plans and Risk Management Plans and keep accurate records
About The Candidate
You will have a working knowledge of the needs and support requirements of people with complex mental health needs or worked in another social care setting.
You will instinctively work in a manner that aligns fully with saha’s delivery values and behaviours, demonstrating energy and passion, along with a positive, can do attitude in your daily contribution to transforming lives.
- You will be a great communicator, building trusting and professional relationships
- Be passionate about making a difference and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Have a high level of resilience.
- Empower people to develop their skills, strengths and talents.
- Have a good idea of the type of wider community resources and organisations available
- Be comfortable dealing with difficult or complex situations.
- Are likely to have experience that includes for example: mental health support , education, training and / or leading activities
- You will need to be able to participate in our on call rota
We really want you to be able to succeed in your work with saha, so in return for helping to transform lives, we want to help you to transform your lifestyle by giving you access to some great benefits in addition to the above salary package.
This includes for example,
- 26 days annual leave (pro rata) rising to 31 days,
- A high street discount scheme (great savings both on and off-line)
- Pension with life assurance,
- Health assistance programme
- A full induction package and training relevant to the role as well as
- Training opportunities to aide your own personal and professional development.
You will be allocated a buddy during your probationary period and will receive regular 1:1 supervision sessions and an annual appraisal with your line manager.
About The Company
At saha we transform lives by providing accommodation and support for some of the most vulnerable members of our society, mainly people experiencing homelessness.
We are a Registered Social Landlord and across the UK we are one of the leading providers of supported housing, providing a wide range of supported accommodation options for vulnerable people including, young homeless people, care leavers, adult homeless, people with complex needs, young parents (and their children), survivors of domestic abuse, ex-offenders and those suffering from drug and alcohol problems and poor mental health.
Our teams work with people to build on their strengths, creating person centred, individualised strategies and plans that transform lives, support recovery, and enable positive behaviour.
If you would like to find out more about these roles or have an informal chat, please contact Nikki Vincer, Service Manager, on 07525 813547 or email Nikki.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start: 27/08/2021
- Rate: Up to £11,934 (£19,890 pro rata) per annum plus additional o
- Location: Exeter,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Charities
- Recruiter: Salvation Army Housing Association (saha)
- Contact: Salvation Army Recruiter
- Tel: 123456789
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0081
- Posted: 2021-08-27 11:35:46 -
- View all Jobs from Salvation Army Housing Association (saha)