Are you looking for a new challenge with a small UK team as part of a world-wide group providing complex solutions to a varied customer base? Are you technically minded with the ability to engage with customers at all levels while also working remotely at times? Do you enjoy dealing with technical challenges and problems, and are prepared to travel to service customer equipment across the country?
You will have a lot of opportunity for growing the role in your career as a service engineer. Our client is a stable, well established and growing UK operation that takes a long term view on business, and gives all its employees support and time to succeed.
A commitment is made to developing and motivating all staff to enable them to achieve a high standard of workmanship with team-work and equal opportunities a central part of the ethos.
Everyone, regardless of their role in the company, is important to its overall success.
- Company Pension
- Holiday increasing annually
- Company bonus schemes
Working as a service engineer you will:
- Bring enough technical knowledge to quickly learn our product range.
- Deliver high quality technical support to a range of customers.
- Work closely with other business functions such as applications, sales and logistics.
- Achieve individual targets and support company order goals.
- Present a positive image of the company to all types of customers and other contacts.
- Be highly responsive to all customer needs and expectations.
- Be primarily office based with some onsite visits.
Full technical product training will be provided at the Coventry office and in Germany.
You will be required to:
- Service and calibrate optomechanical systems.
- Liaise with customers at a technical level.
- Provide technical support to customers both remotely and on-site.
- Maintain the CRM and provide service reports.
- Assist with the installation of customer systems within the UK.
- Support the sales team in the UK with technical advice and demonstrations
You are or have:
- BTEC in an engineering discipline or relevant experience.
- Experience in servicing electronic systems or instrumentation.
- Demonstrate a proactive and logical approach to problem solving.
- Able to self-manage when in a remote working environment
- Able to work as a member of a team in both leading and following roles.
- A desire to advance skills and knowledge.
- A desire to provide excellent technical service to our customers.
- Desirable: Experience of optomechanical systems.
- A clean UK driving license.
Our client has been bringing light into the darkness for more than 50 years.
With the UK team being part of nearly 500 employees worldwide the company develop, produce, distribute and support optical measurement technology solutions for research and industry.
Their quality innovative products have an excellent reputation internationally and they are renowned for finding solutions tailored to their customers’ requirements in both academia and industry”.
For more information about this role, please apply here
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Dynamics 365 CE Functional Consultant (Work from Home)
- Video Editor
- Trust Human Resources Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Factory Worker/Linisher
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Amazon E-Commerce Executive
- Marketing Manager
- Technical Lead
- Operations Manager
- Operations Manager
- Partnerships Manager
- Partnerships Manager - Construction
- Factory Worker/Finisher
- Factory Production Operative
- People and Culture Manager
- Business Development Executive
- Financial Controller
- Business Development Manager - Work from home
- Technical Paint Demonstrator Specialist - Sprayer (Automotive)