Foster Panel Advisor
The successful candidate will provide expert advice and guidance, supporting fostering panels and play a positive role in the journey of children we care for in West Sussex.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced social worker or manager to join our thriving fostering service.
As a Foster Panel Advisor, you will be involved in running a number of fostering panels, providing expert advice and guidance to the Panel Chair and members about the fostering regulations and National Minimum Standards.
You will also provide expert advice to social workers attending Panel and monitor the timeliness and quality of reports being presented.
With experienced practitioners around you and a senior leadership team backing you up, you’ll be in an environment in which you can focus on real social work and the child’s journey.
It’s a chance to make your mark as you provide expertise and guidance to
colleagues to ensure that children get the interventions and support they need.
Location: office based but working from home mainly.
There will occasionally be some face to face meetings but panels are currently being held virtually.
The candidate must be able to work Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays all day.
Qualifications and/or experience:
• Post graduate professional qualification relevant either to management or to the professional service specialism (Social Work); or equivalent level of significant experience demonstrating applied application of the above levels of knowledge in a relevant setting.
• Relevant chartered status of a professional body or equivalent high-level experience of involved practices.
• Authoritative, applied knowledge of the specialist or professional discipline including technical theories and related principles.
• Detailed knowledge of practices and procedures relating to management of discipline.
• Knowledge of theoretical Social Work concepts and practices including Secure Base, with demonstrable examples of dealing with complex issues, for example, attachment, impact of developmental trauma and child development.
• Demonstrable experience of delivering or co-ordinating a quality customer focused service to others.
• Significant post qualification experience in dealing with significant and diverse issues.
• Experience of managing a small budget and/or contributing to financially related decisions on larger spends.
• Experience of supporting initiatives in a political environment.
- Start: 08/12/2021
- Duration: March 2022
- Rate: £40 per hour
- Location: West Sussex,England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Other
- Recruiter: Sirona Medical Limited
- Contact: Mark Burrell
- Tel: 020 8050 2999
- Fax: 020 8050 2936
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SC-Foster Panel Advisor
- Posted: 2021-12-08 15:12:17 -
- View all Jobs from Sirona Medical Limited
More Jobs from Sirona Medical Limited
- Team Manager First Response Team
- Hospital Social Worker
- Reviewing Officer - FULL REMOTE WORKING
- Occupational Therapist
- Adults Social Worker
- CARE WORKERS NEEDED ALL ACROSS TONBRIDGE
- Support Worker
- Team Manager - Family Safeguarding
- Care workers needed in Harlow £12-12.75 PER HOUR!
- Adults Review Officer
- Care Manager - Assessment and Care Management
- Qualified Social Worker
- Adults Social Worker
- Social Worker - NHS
- Social Worker - Safeguarding and Care Planning
- Senior Care Manager- Social Care Qualified
- Work from Home Administrator - BAND 2 AND 3
- Endoscopy nurses needed in Dorset
- Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
- Opthalmic Scrub