Are you an experienced Carpenter in the Exhibition and Events industry?
Have you been in the Exhibition industry for 3+ years?
Do you have experience in bench Carpentry and site installation?
Would you like to work for a business with confirmed international projects for 2022?
Our client is looking for an Exhibition Carpenter to work within a busy, diverse and creative Exhibition company based in Royston, Hertfordshire.
In the last 18 months the events industry has been through testing times and the company has thrived through the COVID pandemic, creating various covid safety related products, focussing on interior builds plus developing and launching INASPACE Garden Rooms.
The company is now in a strong position with a resuming marketplace to recruit and expand their team with a talented Carpenter.
2022 already has numerous projects confirmed for them throughout the UK, Washington USA, Cannes, Barcelona, and Athens.
They are looking for someone to join their team in the building and manufacturing of various national and international exhibits and retail displays.
This role will involve working on projects from initial workshop build through to the site installation in various major cities throughout the world.
The role can be demanding, meaning candidates will be required to work paid over-time and/or weekends during busy periods of the year.
It’s expected that you’ll be comfortable using workshop machinery, working individually and as part of the workshop team, confident and with at least 3 years practical experience, within the exhibition and event construction field.
Their projects are hugely diverse in content, style and design making this a varied and exciting role requiring not only experience but passion for your craft and a carpenter that is at the forefront of their skillset.
- Proven Experience within exhibition and events industry
- Comfortable using Table Saws, Hand Tools and an understanding of CNC processes and machinery
- Laminate and Finish built components to the required standards
- A good understanding of graphic processes, electrical installations, and Audio-Visual Equipment
- High standards of working as well as setting high standards for completed projects
- Great personnel skills, to work within a team of people with different skills as well as the ability to liaise with clients
- To be able to cope with tight time frames and short lead times
- Accurate and precise
- Comfortable being away from home for up to a week on occasions
- Full UK Driving Licence
Benefits of this position:
- Immediate start
- Job Security with confirmed projects for 2022
- Worldwide Travel
- Joining a Business that has been established for 15 Years
- Challenging briefs and a wide range of creative styles will stretch and expand your knowledge and contacts and make this role interesting and fulfilling for the successful candidate
- Training opportunities to expand skillset – CNC/CAD
Location: Royston, Hertfordshire
Salary: £18.00 – £22.00 per hour (negotiable with experience and skillset), Paid Holiday, Pension Scheme, Paid Overtime
Closing Date: 25th January 2022
How to Apply
Please forward your CV and cover letter to the link provided and our client will be in direct contact.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Â£18 - 22 per hour + Benefits, (negotiable with experience a
- Location: Royston
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Hiring People
- Contact: Hiring People
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: online-71
- Posted: 2022-01-06 12:57:47 -
- View all Jobs from Hiring People
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Business Development Executive
- Financial Controller
- Business Development Manager - Work from home
- Technical Paint Demonstrator Specialist - Sprayer (Automotive)
- Triage Coordinator
- Sales Manager
- Business Development Executive (part-time)
- Head of Sales
- Plumbing & Heating Merchant Sales Counter Attendant
- Sales Consultant
- Technical Sales Support Specialist
- Waste Driver / Collector
- INaSPACE Installer
- Production Manager
- Training & Development Co-ordinator
- Helpline Deputy Manager / Relief Worker
- Lawn Treatment Technician
- Polish Speaking First Response Advisor