Project Manager (Fluid Technology)
The Project Manager will carryout the specified design, plan and control of individual projects and satisfy project deliverables in the timeframe discussed with external clients.
The Project Manger will also be responsible for also controlling costs, budgets, and reporting daily project activities with the production team.
This position is located in Worcestershire.
In addition to annual initiatives, the key accountabilities of this position are:
- Carry out contract review to ensure the programme can be met, technical details and payment terms are acceptable.
- Estimating and tender/quotation submission
- Liaison with client/stakeholders
- Project planning and capital equipment procurement
- Cost control and interim/final accounts
- Adherence to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BS EN 1090, and other National Standards
- Prepare and issue production works orders.
Ensuring Day to Day Project Activities
- Prepare procurement plan & arrange the purchase of goods with Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
- Organise planning/programming of the project.
- Take responsibility for project control including Requests for information, Variations, Delays, Preparation of O&M manuals, raise monthly claims/invoices, Check job costing on regular basis to monitor financial progress of the job, updating of progress in Infor LN, Monitor physical progress and quality of projects and Consider the environment when designing new products and procedures
Design Risk Assessment
- Produce datasheet, schematic and initial design submissions including technical submissions where necessary (with Engineering assistance)
- Attend design meetings with client as and when required.
- Carry out a site survey (if necessary).
- Carry out a design risk assessment.
- Produce method statements/risk assessments for site activity.
- University Degree or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience working with engineering, manufacturing and distribution operations in an industrial environment
- Project management skills essential
- Mechanical Building Services background
- Ideally, HNC qualified in Building Services Engineering
- Ability to work on own initiative but also be a key member of a team.
- Proven time management capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and Project
- Auto CAD experience/qualification
- Valid Driving licence
- Creative problem-solving skills, conflict management within different organizations (centralized and matrix organizational structures)
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way, conduct root cause analysis and provide clear, well thought-out recommendations.
- Strong, team-oriented leadership skills with presence and a bias for action.
- Self-directed with ability to work autonomously and collaboratively and a focus on results.
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations.
More Jobs from Edge Careers
- Senior Quantity Surveyor (£20m New Build Project)
- Senior Estimator (Building - £85k)
- Quantity Surveyor (Main Contractor - Building)
- Site Manager (Building & Refurbishment)
- Design Manager (Building)
- Quantity Surveyor (Exciting New Opportunity)
- Site Manager (Fit Out)
- Operations Manager (Fit Out & Construction)
- Health & Safety Manager (Construction)
- General Labourer