Business Planning Manager
Is planning right up your street?
Do you want to help us tell the story of the value and impacts we deliver to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas?
Can you see the bigger picture and provide insight to support us in effective decision making?
If so, read on …
You will be right at the centre of our business as you take the lead on our business planning activities, using your excellent leadership, collaboration and engagement skills and working with our most senior stakeholders.
Using your planning and attention to detail to ensure that all activity is delivered with a ‘right first time, on time’ mentality.
Above all you’ll have excellent communication and engagement skills, with experience of leading, coordinating and implementing planning processes within an organisation.
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
You’ll be part of the wider Business Planning, Systems, Risk and Governance team – we’re a phenomenal team that works hard, has fun and celebrates our success.
You will take the lead on our business planning which is an essential element of the ongoing success of the organisation, looking to constantly spot opportunities to improve the way things are done and the quality of information provided.
This will include leading our annual corporate scorecard and objectives planning and review, ensuring timely completion and regular honest appraisal against each of the agreed parameters, along with positive engagement with our Directors
You’ll play a vital role in the Authority’s 3-5 year business plan, ensuring that it is reflective of the organisations mission purpose and values.
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: 20th March 2023
Sifting date: 21st March 2023
Interviews: w/c 3rd April 2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates please make us aware, and we will look at alternative dates)
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%!
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A recognition scheme, where you receive extra money or vouchers
- Flexi-time to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 17/03/2023
- Rate: Circa £35K
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0106
- Posted: 2023-03-17 16:17:08 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Programme Lead (Coal)
- Assistant Project Manager
- Legal Administrator - 12 Month FTC
- Community Response Officer
- Project Manager
- Construction HSW&E Advisor
- Finance Assistant
- Principal Development Manager
- Community Response Support Assistant
- Contract Service Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Assistant Engineer
- Sustainable Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Project Manager – Part Time (to possible Full Time)
- Principal Contracts Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Planning & Development Manager
- Assistant Property and Estates Manager
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner
- Assistant Mining Consultant and Information Manager
- Administration Officer
- Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term