Is working with heavy machinery a bit of you? Do you love working in a factory environment, maintaining and fixing plant and equipment? As a mechanical fitter, you'll do all of that and more!
At CEMEX they provide more than a job - they provide a career, and your role as Maintenance Fitter could be just the start.
About the Company
At CEMEX, they’re an international business, and they provide so many benefits besides the pay check.
They develop you with training and have good progression opportunities.
That’s because they like to nurture the talent they already have, promoting from within, and their good staff retention proves that.
They also have good benefits and opportunities for bonuses and overtime.
You’ll be based in beautiful Buxton - a rural town steeped in history and surrounded by fresh country air - a lovely alternative to city life!
About the Role
So, let's get down to the role of Maintenance Fitter.
In a tight-knit team of 5, you'll play an integral part in production turnover.
In this varied role at their manufacturing facility in Buxton, you'll be maintaining, fitting, welding, fabricating and grinding all fixed plant and equipment.
It’s all mostly traditional mechanical equipment, with a small number of electrical machines to upkeep.
You'll need to be proactive, use your own initiative and be a good problem solver.
If you have a can-do attitude and work with a smile on your face, you'll fit right into their small team of five - consisting of maintenance fitters (you), operators, foremen and supervisors - all who muck in together at the factory to get the job done.
Above all, they all always understand the need to adhere to health and safety regulations - protecting themselves and their colleagues.
What they're looking for…
- 2+ years in a maintenance role within in a manufacturing environment
- FLTs/Shovels licenses are desirable
- IOSH qualification is desirable
- Any qualifications in welding, fabricating or grinding is desirable
What you get…
- 30-31k base salary with bonus of up to £150 per month
- A professional, relaxed and close-knit team
- Lots of overtime opportunities
- Great development and training
- Excellent career progression prospects
- 23 days' annual leave plus statutory bank holidays, rising to 25 after 2 years
- Contributory pension scheme
Shift Timings (Rotates on a weekly basis)
- Earlies: Mon-Thurs- 5:30-14:30, Fri – 5:30-17:30
- Days: Mon-Thurs 7:00-16:30, Fri – 7:00-17:00
- Lates: Mon-Thurs 13:00- 1:00
If this is you we’d love to hear from you.
Please express your interest in the position today by submitting your CV to the link provided & the Hiring company will be in direct contact. When you click apply for this vacancy, and add some further details as to why you are suitable and interested in the role.
They look forward to hearing from you.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Â£30k-31k base salary with bonus of up to Â£150 per month
- Location: Buxton
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: Hiring People
- Contact: Hiring People
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 4KC01
- Posted: 2021-05-14 15:47:04 -
- View all Jobs from Hiring People
More Jobs from Hiring People
- Double Glazing Installer
- Electronics Technician
- Marketing Assistant
- Auto-Electrical CCTV Installer
- Senior Liferay DXP Developer
- Habilitation / Mobility and Orientation Specialist
- Business Development & Key Account Manger
- 7.5 Tonne HGV Driver
- Support Workers
- Warehouse Operative - Day Shift
- B2B Sales / Client Manager
- E-commerce Picker Packer - Day Shift
- Plumbing & Heating Engineer
- Sales Coordinator
- Sales Coordinator
- HSEQ Manager
- Gas Safe Engineer / Plumber
- Customer Account Manager
- Business Development Representative
- Business Development Manager